Is It Too Soon to Be Worrying About Pollybeak?

I had revision rhinoplasty 4 weeks ago. Doctor added a shield graft to increase projection, took down supratip slightly, and straightened septum. Everything is excellent except for a pollybeak on profile view. Closer to the tip the abnormality is soft, from the bridge to the supratip it is hard and has a noticeable transition. Should I be worried? Is this induration? I thought swelling would be soft. I am very worried about my profile now. Thank you for replies.

Pollybeak 4 Weeks after Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

If the supratip fullness is soft just 4 weeks after your revision rhinoplasty this is probably secondary to swelling which will improve. Be patient and discuss this with your surgeon.

Early pollybeak

+1

Most early polly beaks are related to swelling and /or scar tissue formation - see your PS and discuss steroid injection to supratip

Sam Naficy, MD