Do I Need to Be Worried? Breast Reduction 3 Weeks Ago, No Drains, No Bruising.

I had breast reduction 3 weeks ago. I didn't have any drains. I never had bruises and the wounds were healing fine except for a little bit underneath my left breast which would not close. Now I had stop putting the antibiotic/scar cream on the open would (I just clean it)and it is slowly closing. My left breast doesn't hurt but it is more swollen. My right breast is less swollen and bothers me more specially when moving. The surgical bra also bother me more on my right breast. Should I be worry?

Drains are not a requirement of breast reduction.

+1

I do not use drains and breast reduction in most of the time three weeks after the operation there is no drainage. It sounds like you're doing just fine.

Drains Aren't Necessary

+1

Is not unusual to go without drains for a breast reduction. I typically rarely use drains after breast reduction surgery. The symptoms that you are experiencing three weeks after surgery sound reasonable. Continue to follow your surgeons direction.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Asymmetric swelling after a breast reduction

+1

From your description it seems like you are healing as expected.  Swelling is not always symmetric.  

+1

Dear Luna,

thank you for your question.  From your description, I don't see any cause for concern.  Follow up with your surgeon until fully healed.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction at three weeks

+1

Congratulations on your  breast reduction.  It sounds like you are healing reasonably well by your description. If you have concerns it is best to see your surgeon.

Do I Need to Be Worried; Breast Reduction 3 Weeks Ago?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure. Based on your description, it sounds like you are doing well and do not have much to “worry” about.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Too early to worry

+1

Thanks for your question. You are still in the healing phase and it is very common to have an asymmetry at the beginning. Normally with time the breasts become more alike as the process and breasts mature. hang in there. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD