Should I Worry About the Infection Under my Breast? (photo)

I had a breast augmentation 1 month ago. Since the last week I have the infection that you can see in this photo. My PS told me not to worry (at least at this point), gave me antibiotics (zynadol) and he examines me regularly. However I am really freaking out! What if the infection goes to the implant? Is there any other solution to prevent this?

Infection or Allergic Reaction One Month after Breast Augmentation

+2

Infection should always be rule out in a reddened breast.  Also, the plastic surgeon should rule out a fluid collection.  If not one of these, allergic reaction may be a possibility.

Concerns about Infection under Breasts after Breast Augmentation?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the stressful experience after breast surgery. Although your anxiety is understandable, I think you are doing  what needs to be done by following up closely with your plastic surgeon. Hopefully, the area involved will drain soon ( or be drained by your surgeon). You are correct in that avoidance of an infection around the breast implant will be critical.

Please continue to follow-up closely with your plastic surgeon; best wishes for a successful outcome.

Infection after breast augmentation

+1

Sorry to hear that you are having a problem after your surgery.  I cannot quite appreciate your condition based on the photo.  It does has redness; but I cannot tell whether there also is any fluid collection under the skin... You are doing the right thing by following up with your plastic surgeon regularly.  Good luck with you.

Sugene Kim, MD

Infection after breast surgery

+1

As long as your plastic surgeon is keeping an eye on you for any changes and lack of improvement, and you’re following instructions, you hopefully will make a full recovery.  Another possibility is that you may have a skin reaction and not an infection.   A dermatology evaluation may be prudent.  However, should the infection spread to the implant, the implant, of course, will need to come out. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Is It Better to Use Beladerm or Just Stitching?

+1

Yes

This may be limited to a reaction around the sutures, but you should be seen for evaluation by your surgeon promptly. If there is the suggestion of an implant infection, the earlier the treatment starts the better the outcome is likely to be. All the best. 

Infection and breast implants

+1

If you have an infection, then you  need to be treated aggressively.  There is a high risk that you will lose the implant.  Follow closely with your surgeon. Good luck.