Is It Too Soon to Worry About Eye Droop After Blepharoplasty Surgey?

Its been just over two weeks since a mini lift with upper and lower Blepharoplasty. I am concerned that my right eye has drooped in the corner, please advise me if you think I am right to worry about this. The eye does not seem to have changed since day one, its not dry and I am not using any drops. My Doctor says for me not to worry as I just need time to heal. I would really value your advice on this. Thank-you.

Eyelid droop (ptosis) after Blepharoplasty

+2

You are still very early in the recovery process.  There are many possibilities to what you are observing.  These include postoperative edema (swelling), bruising, excess tissue, eyelid ptosis (drooping) etc., all of which will likely resolve with time.

If your plastic surgeon is confident and things went well, please try to be patient.  This is probably very difficult, but there isnt anything else to do at this time regardless of the problem.

But there is an excellent chance that time will allow this to heal properly.

Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Please listen to your surgeon

+2

Please listen to your surgeon and wait till the tissue has healed. The trust between the surgeon and patient start before surgery and continues after surgery . If you need more assurance, please attach pictures.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Drooping after eyelid lift?

+2

Two weeks after surgery is really very early in the recovery period. You still have swelling (even if it doesn't look like swelling), and things will change over the next few months. If 4-6 months have passed, and you're still concerned, that's the time to discuss a possible revision with your surgeon.  Best wishes!

Carmen Kavali, MD

2 weeks following eyelid surgery

+1

Yes, this is definitely too early to be concerned regarding your final outcome.  If this was your complaint at 6 months, I would say that you have achieved your final result.  Your current results may or may not change significantly over the next few months.  Whatever the case, corrective surgery is not an option for at least a few months.  So, give it time.  Ideally, a revision will not be necessary, but now is the time for mother nature and father time!

Jason R. Hess, MD

+1

It depends.  What is drooped in the corner?  Is it your lower eyelid or upper eyelid that has drooped?  Is the eyelid pulling away from the eyeball or not?  Was the lower Blepharoplasty done through the inside of the eyelid or the outside of the eyelid?  All these points could make a difference.  Additionally, a picture would be even more helpful.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon