Should I Worry if One Breast is Larger 5 Weeks Post Op?

Prior to surgery I was a 34 A. My doctor told me my right was larger. I never noticed before, I guess because they were so small. I had silicone gel implants. 339 cc on the right and 371 on the left. The left looks larger to me. I know it is only about an ounce and that alot of women have asymetry but I paid alot of money for this surgery and I want them to be perfect. Should I worry this early? Is there anything I can do aside from more surgery? Thank you!

5 Weeks and Size Discrepancy after Breast Implants

+1

The size discrepany between the two implants is very small, and you should wait to determine the result.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast implants Los Angeles, CA

Asymmetry

+1

You are too early in the post operative period to come to any conclusions at this time. The difference between these two implants is insignificant

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

How long to judge Breast Implant Symmetry

+1

Five weeks is too soon to evaluate the breast implants for symmetry. Frequently, the implants look perfectly symmetric while operating room table, then swell shortly after surgery. It can easily take at least six months for the swelling to go away to make the implants look as symmetric as they did in surgery. You are correct that the difference in the size of your implants is only an ounce. Your two implants (339 and 371) are within millimeters of the same size. If it looks more asymmetric than that, it is likely swelling on one side. If the breasts are not the same size after waiting for all swelling to go away, you can change the size of one. The recovery would be much easier than your first surgery.

Michael Horn, MD

Still to early

+1

It is still too early to tell. I agree with waiting at least 6 months to a year, especially if "perfect" is your desired result. 

So the answer is "no", you definitely should not worry. Enjoy the result for now and reevaluate after a year. 

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

One Breast Larger at 5 Weeks Post Op; Should I Worry?

+1

At this point, it is still too early to evaluate the end results of the breast surgery. I would suggest that you do so 6 months to one year after the procedure was performed. In other words, it does not do any good to “worry”; it is very likely that you will continue to experience changes with breast size and shape… over the course of the next several months.  Of course, for the most precise advice continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.