Worry About Getting Scars from an Obagi Blue Peel, Any OTC Products I Can Use to Prevent Scars?

I had a blue peel a couple of days ago and did not get a good peel. I am worried some scars may develope in a couple of weeks. Any suggestions on OTC products I can use to prevent a massive scar on my face?. I am african american Thanks, Cindy

Obagi Blue Peel and Melarase for pigment control

+1

I would begin with Melarase creams to treat post inflammatory hyperpigmentation associated with deeper chemical peels such as the Blue Peel. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Preventing scars from an Obagi Blue Peel

+1

An Obagi Blue Peel uses a fairly mild strength of trichloroacetic acid (TCA) to peel the skin so scarring from this procedure is unlikely. However, if it is done improperly, especially if it has not been done by an experienced physician, scarring is certainly possible. Once the peel is done, the damage to the skin is immediate so there is no OTC product to minimize scarring. It is important you discuss these concerns with the physician who did your peel. If there are any signs of infection this would be especially important.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Scars from Blue Peel

+1

There is very little risk of scarring from an Obagi Blue Peel, even in African-American patients, and I cannot really think of OTC products that would prevent the rare occurrence.  But more than anything, IMHO, these questions should be addressed to the person that performed the peel.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon