I Am Worried That I Will Tear the New Strattice Breast Tissue if I Play Golf Too Soon. How Long Should I Wait? (photo)

I had 30 year old silicone ruptured implants replaced on 4/31/12 through the areiole with Natrelle high profile, smooth 450 cc gel implants with strattice to help secure them in place, reduce sagging, and help with thin breast tissue. I am s 52 yr old avid golfer, handicap 16 & swing the club hard. I am worried that when I swing the club hard that in connecting with the chest that I will somehow mess up the strattice. I know it takes time for the strattice to incorporate with my tissue.

Exercise After Strattice Breast Implant Revision

+4

Thank you for your question. More and more people are having Strattice used in revision and reconstructive breast surgery today so your question is timely.

Most important, ask your surgeon for his/her advice.

It can take 3 months for Strattice to become fully integrated with your natural tissue. Generally, after significant reconstructive Breast Implant Surgery I ask patients to avoid vigorous exercise for 6-8 weeks.

Returning to Activities after Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

It is always in patients' best interests to check with the operating plastic surgeon prior to resuming strenuous activity.  Only your plastic surgeon ( not online consultants) says will know exactly what was done and exactly how you are progressing.  remember that he/she is ultimately responsible for your care.

Activity after surgery

+1

I usually have patients wait a good 6-8 weeks after surgery before participating in sports activities.

Golf

+1

Playing golf and going back to normal activities, in our practice we usually say to wait at least 6 to 8 weeks to have your tissue be as strong as it ever going to be.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Resuming activity after complex breast surgery

+1

There is no right answer here. We simply don't have enough patients ripping their Strattice do do valid statistics on the subject. Most surgeons will be conservative and say 6 - 12 weeks minimum.

J. Brian Boyd, MD