Worried if 3 syringes into chicks isn't too much and would it help to get rid of dark circles under eyes? (photo)

Hi. I'm 31 and I'd like to do juviderm under eyes due to dark circles and tired look. Doctor refused due to danger to become blind. Instead she recommended to buy 3 syringes and have injections in bone chicks area. She said it will remove dark circles and help with marionette lines. I am really worried if 3 isn't too much.

Dark Circles

+2

It is important to make the proper diagnosis for the reason of dark circles and treat appropriately.

There are complication to anything one does, our role is to educate patients on their condition and the options of treatment, not try to sell them more products or more surgery.

Find another plastic surgeon and discuss your options

Samir Shureih MD, FACS

sshureih@msn.com

Get a second opinion

+2

In our practice and in our hands, we have very few side effects and thankfully have never had anyone with blindness or any significant long-term complication from fillers; especially those that are HA-type like juvederm, which can be reversed if you do not like the ultimate outcome. I think you should have a second opinion with someone who is comfortable doing full or pan-facial rejuvenation, someone who specializes in cosmetic procedures and is an expert in facial shape evaluation. If you have never done filler before I would never recommend 3 syringes, in fact I would likely do no more than one (or even less) at your first visit. You can always add more and making little changes at a time is always best, err on the side of caution. There are ways to make the eyes look brighter, younger, and less-tired by injecting the cheeks, temples, and eyebrows. Or other areas of the face to take focus on tired eyes. However, you should go to someone who is an expert in this field. Possible peels, laser resurfacing, radiofrequency, and/or neurotoxin will also be needed and give a better improvement over solely filler. That is why you should get a second opinion. Wish you the best, Dr. E.

Dark Circles

+1
Evaluating what is causing the dark circles then choosing the proper treatment is extremely important. Your doctor sounds like an inexperienced injector. Seeing a facial plastic surgeon is the best option to give you the results you desire.

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Worried if 3 syringes into chicks isn't too much and would it help to get rid of dark circles under eyes?

+1
I normally suggest Restylane to the tear troughs to help soften any dark circles, an in-person consult would be easier to determine how many syringes you would benefit from

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

+1

3 syringes might be to little! Best to follow the doctors advise since they saw you in person. Even with the photo very hard to guess the correct # of syringes.//