I'm Worried About Getting SmartLipo

I lost a lot of weight, but am unable to lose this very soft fat on my midsection. I'm very active (HIIT, weights and cardio) at least 3 times a week (usually four, however i tend to walk 2miles every day). So, smartlipo on my problem area seemed like the best option. However, having read all of these horror stories about people gaining weight back, and more, i'm beginning to really worry that I won't ever be able to allow myself a holiday without exercising. will my body ever adjust?

Laser liposuction expert in Los Angeles

+1

I would combine liposuction with a healthy regimen of diet and exercise. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Worried about gaining weight after SmartLipo...

+1

My advice is to avoid using any means of liposuction or other cosmetic procedures for means of weight loss.  SmartLipo is an ideal tool for remedying mild to moderate loose skin areas containing unwanted, stubborn fat.  If this is a small pocket of fat, you most likely will not see substantial weight loss, but you will appreciate loss of inches and an improved contour.  I would encourage you to make your current exercise routine a way of life.  It seems like you're on the right track where that is concerned!

Windell C. Davis-Boutte, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Smart Lipo After Weight Loss

+1

Thank you for your question.  I often have patients who present to me after significant weight loss and are interested in Smart Lipo to help them lose those last few inches that stubbornly remain.  For patients who have recently had extreme weight loss, such as those who are post gastric bypass or Lap Band surgery, Liposuction is not generally an ideal treatment for them, as their problem is loose, hanging skin.  For patients who lose weight through diet and exercise, this may be a different story.  I suggest that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to determine your candidacy for Smart Lipo.  Your doctor may feel that this is a great option for you, or he may feel that you need a tummy tuck instead.  A frank discussion with your doctor is the best way find out what would work best for your body type. 

Mytien Goldberg, MD

I'm Worried About Getting SmartLipo

+1

If there is a skin laxity issue, then you may be better served by an excisional procedure.  If you still have elasticity to your skin, liposuction is the likely choice.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Laser Liposuction of the abdomen

+1

Hi, thanks for your question.  Unfortunately it is difficult to address your concerns and recommend the ideal treatment for you without seeing photos of the body area that you are concerned with.  If you lost a lot of weight, your issue may be excess skin and not excess fat that can be taken care of by Laser Liposuction.  Good luck and take care!

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon