Will my nose correct itself? (photo)

I wonder if anyone can help shed some light i had rhinoplasty for bump removal 8 days ago. I was told the surgery was straight forward and was in and out within 1 hour. Today i had the cast removed to find that my nose is looking thinner than before and wonky and after reading reviews i can't see this correcting its self. I added a photo of before where you can see my nose looked straight it was a nice nose i was just unhappy with the bump. I added as many photos to give an example

Nose surgery

+2
There is certainly a component of swelling and this will improve with time.
In my experience 50 to 70% of the swelling post rhinoplasty goes down within 4-6 weeks.
A tight cast could also explain the difference in swelling between the bridge and the glabella (upper nose) and this will certainly improve with time.
The upper nose can also have a thick muscle under the skin and Botox can help once the swelling is resolved.
In conclusion i would invite you to be patient and let things to settle for the next few months as you will see your nose changing every week.

London Plastic Surgeon

Will my nose correct itself?

+1
It is too early to make a determination about the final result.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Will my nose correct itself?

+1

Not sure why you thought you needed a full rhinoplasty as I see in the one before photo you appear very pretty with a nice nose...

Swelling takes time to resolve

+1
It is very difficult to judge based on your photo and without an in person exam, but it is too early to judge. It can take 6 months to a year or more before all of the swelling resolves. You should continue to follow up regarding your concerns with your surgeon. I hope that everything turns out great!

Jeremy B. White, MD
Aventura Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty 1 Week Post Op

+1
Have patience!  It takes weeks to months to see the final results from rhinoplasty surgery.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon as he instructs.  He is the best to guide you to a complete recovery.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

One week after rhinoplasty revision

+1

Sorry if you are not satisfied yet, but it is way too early to see the final result. Be patient. Good luck!

Hump

+1
Thank you for the photos but it is early to try to evaluate your result and one would also need a full examination and review of your operative report before making an intelligent evaluation.  I would speak to my PS though about your concerns.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Concerned about nose shape change.

+1
1 week after surgery is very early to tell what the final contour of your nose will be.  During the removal of the bump, this may have left you with a widened appearance to the upper portion of your nose, requiring your doctor to shift the position of the nasal bones inward to correct that.  Address your concerns with your doctor who is in the best position to know what happened during the surgery.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD