Should I Be Worried About Permanent Nerve Damage After CoolSculpting? Is It Possible to Get Worse over Time?

I had the coolsculpting procedure done about 5 months ago on my love handles and am still experiencing tingling and pins and needles sensations, which seems to have gotten more noticeable just in the past few days. It's mostly on the left hip (about at the spot where the top of my underwear hit and not extending too much into legs or butt). If I bump or lightly touch just the right spot, it feels like there is an electrical impulse in my hip--kind of like hitting your funny bone.

I am not aware of permanent nerve sensitivity or pain after CoolSculpting for fat loss

+1

tingling or numbness or pain after coolSculpting should be temporary. However, doctors learn from reported cases and we urge you to follow up with your doctor who can then present his or her findings to the company who can disseminate that knowledge to the rest of the doctors who are doing the treatment with CoolSculpting.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/zeltiq/index.html

Nerve Damage Not Side Effect of CoolSculpting

+1

CoolSculpting is FDA-cleared for the flanks (love handles) and abdomen and is proven to be a safe and effective treatment. Typically, there is minimal to no downtime after the treatment though patients may experience temporary pain or discomfort. Side effects can include redness, bruising, swelling, tenderness to the touch, cramping, itching, tingling, and numbness. Numbness can persist up to several weeks after a procedure. I would consult with the doctor who performed your treatment to determine the cause of your symptoms. Best of luck.

Nerve Damage after Coolsculpting

+1

We have Coolsculpting in our office since FDA approved it and represent a center of excellence. We are unaware of any permanent side effects from this procedure.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon