Worried about my tummy tuck? (photo)

I'm 32 years old I had my tummy tuck end of March 2012 I had it in Los Angeles CA I wanted to get advise before I go see my surgery doct about this lil problem my belly botton don't look like every one else's mine has lumps an is bigger then wat I use to have can any body tell me if that's my doct error an if is fixable if I wear thigh dresses or shirts u can see the bumps where my belly botton is can any one please tell me wat to do or say to my doct

Worried about my tummy tuck?

+2

You have hypertrophic scars, both at the site of the navel and the main TT incision. The likeliest cause is genetic--your inborn tendency to form thick scars.

There are a number of remedies that can be tried short of surgery. Scar creams sometimes work. Kenalog injections is the "gold standard," not to imply that it always works. Surgery to improve the scar can be done if non-operative remedies fail.

Your surgeon will be well familiar with the options, and can explain the pros and cons.

All the best.

Hypertrophic scarring from tummy tuck

+2

It looks as if you have some hypertrophic scars from your surgery. This can result from reaction to sutures, tension on the suture lines, or just having a genetic predisposition to heavy scarring. This can be very frustrating. Options for treatment could include silicone gel sheeting, steroid creams or injections, and massage. Most patients see best results with kenalog injections, but there are risks with this that you should discuss with your surgeon.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Worried about my tummy tuck?

+2

Thank you for your question, In you're pictures I can see that you have the same situation in your tummy tuck scar as well. Contact your Plastic Surgeon he/she will let you know what treatments can be used for taking care of that type of scarring, or if a scar revision will be needed.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon