I'm Worried my Surgeon Didn't Take Enough Fat?

I am 4 days post-op. My PS only took 200 cc's out of my lower abdomen...and I was never super skinny. I am 5'8'' and weighed 151 lbs prior to surgery. Why the small amount? I'm worried I will have to go back in for more. Thoughts?

200 cc Removed with Liposuction

+1

In many patients, I will liposuction several liters.  However, each patient is different, and 200 cc may have been a good amount in the lower abdomen.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Was Enough Abdominal Fat Suctioned Out?

+1

It is impossible to know based on description alone whether a 200cc abdominal fat removal is enough. Based on that number alone, it would seem like that would rarely be enough in most of the patients that I treat. But it really depends on where you start from and what you initially looked like. The answer to that question will be known by three months after the procedure.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Taking enough fat during liposuction

+1

The amount of fat to take during liposuction will vary greatly depending on the goals and contours to be achieved. It is impossible for us to know a right amount in your situation, and after all, it is not what you take but what your leave that will show your result.

Fat Removal during Liposuction. How much is ideal?

+1

It is way to early for you to worry.  You consult and select your surgeon and then you go with your decision and trust the surgeon.  It is not really logical to second guess surgical techniques and judgement so early as 4 days.   The correct volume of fat to be removed varies with surgical science and artistry.  One thing  certain is that an overdone liposuction does not look good.  Overdone liposuction is lumpy and irregular and looks like liposuction.  You do not want to have someone compliment you on s Nice Liposuction.  You want them to not notice or know you ever had liposuction.   200 cc may be the ideal amount.  If you wish more be taken then you should discuss it with your surgeon but  further surgery should not be done until the end of the healing period which is one year.    Great anxiety early on in the healing period stresses you and all around you.  Try to simply enjoy your improvement and be patient.  95% of post surgical anxieties such as yours end up being unfounded and patients end up happy.  My best to you.  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon