Should I Be Worried if 1 of my Nostrils is Filled with Scar Tissue Following a Rhinoplasty?

I had open rhinoplasty two weeks ago. It seems that tissue in my left nostril is growing more and more. I'm assuming this is scar tissue, but it is nearly filling my entire left nostril. The right nostril has no trouble at all. Should I be concerned? Is there a vitamin or type of internal medicine I can take to reduce the excess scar tissue? What can I do to help reduce te scar tissue?

Occlusion of Nosril 2 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is virtually impossible for your nostril to be filled with scar tissue 2 weeks after your rhinoplasty. It could be several things such as a coagulum of nasal secretions, swelling, or infection. Schedule an evaluation by your surgeon.

Post-rhinoplasty swelling

+1

Without seeing the nostril it would be hard to say what is going on. It could be swollen from surgery, it could be scar tissue, it could be graft material, to name a few.  See your doctor to be evaluated.

Swelling in nostril post rhinoplasty

+1

Hi there,

It won't be scar tissue at 2 weeks postop luckily!  The possible causes are tissue swelling ( harmless), a hematoma ( needs to be drained), infection ( needs to be checked for and excluded), or swelling around visible cartilage grafts which can look disturbing initially postop.

You need to call to call your surgeons office and tell them what you're seeing.  It's most unlikely to be serious, but it might need a little attention, and i'm sure they'd like to know what you're experiencing.

Good luck.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon