Very Worried About my Nose 2 Weeks After Surgery, Will It Improve? (photo)

I just did open rhinoplasty surgery 2 weeks ago, the surgeon used goretex for my bridge and my ear cartilage as the tip graft. The mean reason i did the surgery is because i hate my upturn nose caused by sunken face at the nose region. My nose currently still looks upturn and is pointing 45 degrees upward, will it go down? Is it that the plastic surgeon has not done enough to bring my nose down? Even the front profile of my nose looks weird. I'm very annoyed and depressed.

Very Worried About my Nose 2 Weeks After Surgery, Will It Improve?

+2

It sounds llike you had a fairly involved Open Rhjinoplasty and as such it's too early, at 2 weeks post-Rhinoplasty, to make any assessment of the final results.  You should however discuss your concerns with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Very Worried About My Nose 2 Weeks After Surgery

+2

You can not make any judgements about your final result two weeks after surgery.  Your nose is still swollen. It takes a minimum of 6 weeks for the swelling to recede.  Your surgeon has placed both cartilage and gortex grafts which also extends the recovery time.

Patience is what you need, and a little hand holding.  Your nose is straight and the majority of swelling is in the tip.  It may take six months to one year for the swelling to completely resolve.

Washington Plastic Surgeon

Evaluating Your Nose 2 Weeks after Open Rhinoplasty

+1

At 2 weeks it is impossible to evaluate the results of an open rhinoplasty. The only thing you can do at this time is being patient.