Worried About my Breast Lift Complications (photo) [graphic]

I had implants removed & a breast lift with an anchor incision near the end of April had to go back the next day for another surgery to close up some vessel & clean up a hematoma, when the bandages where taken off noticed that my stitches poped & the skin at the T junction pulled back it seems to be getting bigger which has Brest tissue exposed so of it has died & scabbed but most of it is still bleeding & oozing now my nipple looks hideous from the hematoma. I went to my family dr. They cultured it found a bacteria on that was resistant to the 2rounds of antibiotic I was on now on a new antibiotic, my PS want to stitich me up next week but I am not sure about that. I am still swollen hard & bruised & this 4 weeks 3 days after. I am just wanted to be normal in the first place now I have a disgusting breast

Complications after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

+4

I'm sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced after breast lifting surgery. You should be aware however that complications such as you have experienced can happen despite best efforts. The important thing at this point is that your plastic surgeon is following you closely. You may be very pleasantly surprised at how good the breasts will look after closure of the wounds. Obviously, additional surgery may be necessary before you achieve the final results;  again,  you will find that  your breasts will eventually look significantly better than  they do today.

Worried About my Breast Lift Complications

+2

Probably related to the hematoma you have an area of dehiscence at the "T" and some loss of areolar tissue. With proper wound care, both will heal. I would hold off on more surgery unless the healing reaches a standstill.

Six months or so down the line you can consider touch ups if needed. And it is possible that nothing will be needed. 

Follow closely with your surgeon. All the best. 

Complications After Breast Surgery

+1

It appears that you have had significant, but treatable complications. despite the open areas your breast shape is good. My recommendation would be to allow the open areas to heal on their own. They will heal, and sometiems with less scarring than you might think. No earlier than six months after healing, the scars that need to be revised could be revised. I know you and your surgeon would like to get you looking your best as quick as possible, but sometimes doing less is really doing more.

Howard N. Robinson, MD