Worried About my Final Breast Size, Look too Big and High?

Im 5.4" 125lbs under the muscle, saline,1 month post op. I have a problem with the size of my breasts, look to big. I am wondering if this was a correct decision. My surgeon recommended to fill my implant up to 550cc due to the placement under the muscle. Size of my implant 510cc. The original size i liked in my consultation, was a 500cc silicon implant. Would this be the size i get as my final result, and how much time after can i expect a final size? Will this high look go down?(arrow in pic)

Large implants stay large

+1

Your implants are large; the problem is not swelling (which is present but minor) or position.  The implants have too much diameter and volume.

You must have requested large size.  The concern I have is that over time your tissues will stretch and thin to create deformities that are very difficult to correct.

I would discuss with your surgeon and consider placing smaller implants in 6 months.

Nashua Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

Your result will change over time however large saline implants may "bottom out " with time. Keep them supported as your tissues stretch.

C. Andrew Salzberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Your implants are too big.

+1

At one month post-op most of the swelling has subsided.  The size of your breasts will not change very much.  The position of the implants will change slightly over the next 2-3 months, but likely not enough to make you satisfied.

Every woman is different with different sizes, weights, measurements etc, but from your brief description and photos I would suggest that your implants are too big, and that if you want a "natural" look that those implants were the wrong choice.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

"Too large" immediately after breast implant surgery

+1

In my experience it takes at least three months and usually longer for all the swelling to resolve after breast surgery. And under the muscles takes longer than above the muscle. So don't get too worried yet and don't decide on revisionary surgery until all the swelling is gone and your tissue has a chance to settle down and get used to its new position. Your surgeon is in the best position to evaluate your swelling and discuss with you whether or not additional surgery is best for you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Strapping

+1

You may want to strap the upper pole of the implant.  This will help stretch the pocket and the implant will settle down

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants appearing high after surgery

+1

This is quite normal for one month after surgery; it may take up to 3 or 4 months for them to completely "settle" and assume a more natural appearance. Please consult with your plastic surgeon for regular check ups to have your progress evaluated.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Breast Augmentation looks too high at 1 month

+1

Too high is normal at this stage of recovery.  The size that you chose will cause the healing and lowering of the implant to take longer.  Did you go too big?  Not necessarily.  This size is perfect for a lot of women your height and weight.  Although saline implants are stable for many years and may never need replacing, I have found that most women do not like the look or feel after 8+ years.  The reason for this is two-fold, the implants seem to slightly lose their firmness over time and the breast tissue is aging along with the rest of your body.  My suggestion would be to have patience and love your new look, while keeping a piggy bank for a remove and replace to GEL implants.  I think these are far superior and this opinion comes with 40+ years of experience with women and implants.  My wife thinks they are wonderful.

Robert B. Winslow, MD (retired)
Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Big Implants for your frame

+1

I think the operation proceeded fine. Mechanically your skin got shoved into a new tight position and it still has not had time to accommodate yet. I agree with my colleagues that time will cure a lot of your issues. Go Whittier, Class of 76, Sierra High School.

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Large breast size after breast augmentation

+1

One month post breast augmentation is still early.  You may still have some post operative swelling and the breast pockets will probably stretch further, especially if you do post operative breast massage.  This will result in the breasts appearing smaller and will also help in decreasing the upper pole fullness that you are concerned about.  I would suggest waiting at least 3 more months before considering any further surgery.  If at that time you still feel the implants are too large, discuss this with your surgeon.  It is a relatively easy procedure to replace the implants with a smaller size.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

POST-OP BREAST AUGMENTATION RESULTS

+1

One month post-op from breast augmentation is actually still very early - meaning that you should not expect to see the final result yet, in fact it may take another 6 months until the implants fully settle into place and the breast tissue matures around the implants.  Based upon your pre-op desires (liked the 500cc silicone for sizing) I would say your surgeon picked the correct final fill volume.  Be patient and you will likely enjoy the final result...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD