I Am Very Worried About a Deep Incision Line Following a Lower Blepharoplasty Procedure, Options? (photo)

Lower bleph procedure was five days ago. I do realize that results cannot be determined for quite some time to come. However, I am very worried about my right eye. There was apparently some bleeding during the procedure and the surgeon says he was forced to cauterize. As you can see from the photos, the left eye incision looks very promising, with both the upper and lower skin perfectly aligned. The right eye, on the other hand, is very much misaligned. Surgeon says he has no concerns.

Incision scar after lower eyelift

+1

Thank you for the photos.  You are very early in the post operative course.  Things may look a bit funny now, but they usually resolve with time.  Please keep in contact with your surgeon.

Incisions After Lower Blepharoplasty

+1

Usually the incision is just below the lash line. It is almost imperceptible after 7-10 days. Even if the sutures are perceptible for some reason after 7-10 days, the skin is very thin and usually heals very well over a time period of 4-6 weeks.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Incision Healing after Blepharoplasty

+1

This will most likely get better in a few days. It is not unusual to have some redness after this surgery. Be sure to follow up with your surgeon.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Scar after Lower Eyelid Surgery

+1

I agree with the others...give it some more time. The lower eyelid usually heals very well, so a scar that looks bad 5 days after surgery may look just fine in a few weeks. Follow your surgeon's advice and let things heal. In a worst case scenerio, a small revision of the scar a few months later may be needed. Don't panic right now.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Worried About Blepharoplasty Incision After Surgery

+1

Dear Bleph_Panic,  It is not uncommon for one eyelid to look different than the other in the immediate post operative period. Please follow the advice of your surgeon and be patient. It may take several weeks or more for swelling to diminish and proper healing. Good Luck.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Assymetrical swelling after blepharoplasty

+1

It is  the usual case for one eyelid or the other to  be more swollen after surgey. Your surgeon's explanation for more reaction on your right eye is compatibe with the pictures. You shoud do fine in time.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

I Am Very Worried About a Deep Incision Line Following a Lower Blepharoplasty Procedure, Options?

+1

Honestly, at 5 days post Eyelid Surgery all you should do is follow the instruction of the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Eyelid Surgery.  Give yourself several weeks to heal.  

Incision from blepharoplasty

+1

It is too early to tell what the final result of the scar will be like. Give it time. In many occasions it is swelling.