Worried. BWD is 11.5cm and Moderate Plus Implants Chosen Are 11.3cm? (photo)

I am due for breast augmentation shortly with 250cc Moderate Plus silicone implants placed under the muscle. I am 40yrs, 5'4", 100lbs, 34A (not a full A cup), BWD is 11.5cm, very slim build, hardly any upper pole. Because of my BWD I am worried that the implants may be too wide? My surgeon is great but just keeps saying I can have anything I want and isn't really guiding me. Can anyone please advise on the maximum width implant I should be using? Many thanks.

Worried. BWD is 11.5cm and Moderate Plus Implants Chosen Are 11.3cm?

+1

That actually sounds okay to me.  It's hard to say for sure via this forum, and you really need to discuss this with your PS, but I'm comfortable with 250 MP for your frame...and you said your surgeon is great, so that's good news, too!  I think you can be reassured with that advice.

Dr. E

+1

I agree with you. I might re consider to use an HP implant in your case. But over the internet very hard to advise. Best to obtain in person opinions. 

Implant Diameter and Chest Wall Width

+1

The parameters you have stated are reasonable, and I would not worry one bit.  You should try on sizers in the office to gain an appreciation for what the volume will achieve on your frame.  Communicate with your plastic surgeon about your goals.  He or she can likely adjust the implant profile to fit the volume you would like, within reason.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Communicate with your surgeon

+1

The difference of 0.2cm is less than 1/10 of an inch. This would probably be difficult to even measure with a measuring device. More important is that you have to communicate with your surgeon at a level that alleviates your worries. It is important to understand that not all surgeons that perform breast implantation are trained to be board-certified plastic surgeons. Most implant surgeries yield very satisfactory results, however some implanting surgeons are not well trained in the specialty. Do your homework regarding the credentials of your treating physician and you will have no worries about the outcome.

Sherif M. Khattab, MD
Torrance Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant and base width

+1

There are many factors in selecting an appropriate implant and base width is just one. Best to discuss this with your surgeon.

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Although online consultants may wish to be helpful to you, your plastic surgeon is in the best position to advise you. If you feel that there has been a shortage of “communication”, you should ask for more time to communicate your goals, concerns, and questions. Otherwise, advice you receive online may be nonspecific and/or less meaningful than what is achievable through in person consultation.

You state that your plastic surgeon is “great”;  part of his/her responsibility is to guide and/or educate you about the options…

Choosing the right implant for Breast Augmentation

+1

Hello 'littletinkerbell', thanks for your question.  Based on your photos, you have symmetric breasts and a slim frame, which should make you an excellent candidate for breast augmentation surgery.  If the base width diameter of your breast is 11.5cm, I generally recommend choosing an implant with a diameter slightly below this to accommodate your chest dimensions and give you a nice, aesthetic result.  Beyond this, the size you wish to be is really up to you.  They make a variety of different implants with various volumes and projections with similar BWD's to match the unique goals of every individual.  Be sure you go to a board-certified plastic surgeon who is well-trained and should be able to help you achieve your goals.  Good luck!

-Dr.92660

Parviz Goshtasby, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon