Worried and Depressed After 40 Days BA Post Op? (photo)

I posted here before about my concerns w/ right breast not descending. Also had biopsy & removal of calcifications size of a qtr on rt breast. Left is where it's supposed to be in my opinion. Dr says do jumping jacks, yoga and I'll see you in 2 weeks. Massaging vigorously. Don't know what else to do. Breast is hard to msg. It feels very hard. I am severely depressed. Hard to do anything but cry. I spent $6k to be this miserable. Doesn't make sense.

Worried 40 days after BA

+2

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Without knowing the details of your history and intervention is hard to give a recommendation just based on your photo. As previously stated by other physicians the best course of action is to express your concerns to your surgeon and if not satisfied a second opinion is always a good idea. I doubt massage and yoga all help your problem. Best to you.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Visit Doctor again

+2

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate recovery. From the picture you posted, you probably have a hematoma on that right side. You have a significant amount of bruising and it seems way too tense and full to be swelling. This side in my opinion needs to be at least explored and washed out. An untreated hematoma can lead to capsular contractures and infections. I would suggest yoga or jumping jacks. That could potentially exacerbate things. I would suggest visiting with your plastic surgeon again to address your concerns and possibly even seeking a second opinion/free consultation. 

Excess swelling and bruising after breast augmentation

+2

Your photo suggests that you have bleeding on the swollen and bruised side. Yoga is not a solution and a second opinion and examination will help with your worry.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Sorry to hear your stressful situation.following Breast Augmentation.

+2

I can only empathise with your problem without having more nformation.Your best course is to go back to your operating surgeon and express your concern.If you feel that you are not getting any response there is nothing wrong for seeking a Second Opinion by another plastic surgeon as a consult.

Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetries

+2

Sorry things are not as you expected.  It's difficult to tell from the single view you posted, but the bruising on the right side doesn't look normal.  You might have had some bleeding around the right implant (hematoma) and this has caused the implant to rise.  If the blood is not washed out soon, the risk of capsular contracture is very high.  You may want to discuss this with your PS or get a second opinion.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Depressed after breast augmentation

+2

Implants usually take 3-6 weeks to settle or drop, but may take as long as 3-6 months.  It is not unusual for one implant or breast to feel or appear different at this stage.  I do not think massage makes any difference in the outcome.  However, applying pressure to the superior pole of the right implant to help stretch the inferior pole soft tissues may help the right implant settle or drop over time.  Your surgeon should be able to show you how to do this.  Also, wearing a bandeau support strap over the top of the implants may help.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Postop

+2

I tell patients that some people look great 1 week after breast augmentation and some people can take up to 3 months to really settle in.  When I have patients like you (one implant noticeably higher), I have them massage extensively and use an asymmetric upper pole strap to help lower the higher side.  

Depessed after Breast Augmentation?

+2

I am sorry to hear about the stressful experience after breast augmentation surgery. However, online consultants ( despite good intentions) is one not be able to provide you with precise or meaningful  diagnosis, advice  and/or reassurance. Your plastic surgeon or ( if necessary for diagnosis or piece of mine)  a second opinion consultation with another board-certified plastic surgeon in your area,  will be your best resource.

It may behoove you to sit down with your plastic surgeon and express your concerns and frustrations in a calm and constructive fashion.    Explain the significant emotional distress that your situation is causing...

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Unhappy with postoperative healing

+2

Thank you for your question.  It would appear at this time that your left implant has settled down somewhat quicker than the right side, and the desire will certainly be for te right to come down lower than it is at the present time.  Having the right breast biopsy will keep the right breast a little slower in its settling, however.  Only time will tell as to whether the implant will settle to where it should be.  in six months or so it will be easier to tell about whether a revision will be needed or not.  Until that time I would follow the advice of your Plastic Surgeon, and if you have doubts always feel that a second opinion may be valuable.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://w.w.w riegercosmeticsurgery.com

Worried and Depressed After 40 Days BA Post Op?

+1

Even when everything is going well, recovery can be a stressful period. 

It is not uncommon for the implants to settle at different rates. Usually it is the implant on the handed side that is slower, because that pectoral muscle is more developed. Adding another surgery (biopsy) may further delay the time to settling. 

That is about all the reassurance any surgeon can give you without an actual examination. I think it would be appropriate to sit down with your surgeon to review your concerns, and to understand the surgeon's expectations for your continued recovery, and the contingencies if this does not settle on its own.