How Long Until I Can Have An Implant Revision?

Had saggy C/D w/asymmetry & droop; requested full D w/mastopexy..POSTop: full C borderline D w/asymmetry; mild sagging on lft; lft nipple pointing outward; 360cc on lft/390cc on rt; Lift improved sagging issues; not the overall size requested..How long before I can have revision surgery? Will bigger implants pose any type of rippling/complication if not filled completely/overfilled? Help for left nipple? Risks are associated w/revision surgery?

Revision after surgery

+2

I recommend waiting six months from surgical date before having any revisions performed.

Revision surgery

+2

I would wait at least six months for any revision.  I would voice your concerns about displeasure with size and shape now, so he/she knows that your concerns have always existed and did not develop with time.

Los Angeles Breast Revision

+2

Hello and thank you for the question.

In my hands, results are optimized if revisions ( of  the type you would require) are delayed for a period of no less than 9 months and preferably, a year. Risks associated with revision are similar to those of the primary surgery: Bleeding, infection, capsular contracture, and need for further revision/re-operation in the future. I would advise to discuss the risks and benefits of revision breast surgery with your surgeon so that you are able to make an educated decision which is right for you.  

As my collegue eluded to,  you may be better suited for a formal mastopexy ( lolli-pop) which may lend to improving your breast symmetry and nipple position. This, again, is something you should discuss with your surgeon.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Web reference: http://www.beverlyhillscosmeticsurgeon.com/breast-augmentation.php

Revision timing

+2

It's usually best to wait until it's clear that swelling or the natural healing process isn't affecting your appearance significantly.  With 1/3 of my practie being revision surgery I frequently see patient with implant malposition or other issues that will obviously not change over time.  In these cases I have even performed surgery in less than a month after the original surgery.

Not satisfied with outcome from a mastopexy-augmentation

+2

In the scheme of things, your results are reasonable though obviously I was not privy to your discussions with your doctor. Concerning the drooping, you would benefit from a conversion to an anchor shaped scar that could offer you significantly improved shape and positioning when performed well. You can also go larger and that is your prerogative but there are notable downsides to this including more rapid recurrence of drooping.

My recommendation would be to notify your doctor of your concerns but also wait around 6 months to undergo a revision.

Web reference: http://www.arizonabreast.com

+2

At least 6 months is the norm for waiting for a revision. I recommend 400 to 450 cc implant and re do the donut lift. 

Revision

+1
I would recommend at least 6 months if not longer. I hope this helps. It's hard to see what is really going on if you operate to soon.

How long to wait after surgery before requesting a revision

+1

It takes your breasts at least 6 months to fully heal after a breast augmentation, and even longer after a breast augmentation with a lift. I advise you to wait at least 6-12 months after your breast augmentation/mastopexy to allow your breasts to completely heal, your swelling to resolve, and your implants to completely settle. At that time, you'll have a better idea of what your final result will be and you can visit with your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best.

Web reference: http://www.beautologie.com

Fresno Plastic Surgeon