How to Improve Hollow Below Eye Area and Skin Fold? (photo)

As you can see in my photo my lower eye area is really ugly. How can I fix this area? I have had this fold that runs from the corner of my eye to my nose and therefore makes a hollow valley under my eyes and I always look tired or scary. Please help!

Tear Trough Improvement

In young patients, the tear trough can be improved with hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane.  I would try this first.  Fat grafting can be done in the future.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Fat injections under the eyes

Dear Chashatesherself,

You have 2 options for something like this:

1. Restylane injections that can last 1-2 years and is non surgical
  2. A fat transfer would be a great option as well, it is permanent and natural looking

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

201 South Lasky Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Two options

You have two options:

1. Hyaluronic acid fillers [Restylane, Juvederm, Boletero]

2. Fat grafting

Option 1 is temporary [6-12 months usually] and is an office procedure that is less expensive, but requires repeat injections. It is easily reversible

Option 2 is a more permanent fix, and in experienced hands should last you a long time. Its a greater cost up front, but in the long run probably more cost effective.

Both are great options and you should choose which one is good for you. And both need to be done by experience surgeons/injectors.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Under-eye Hollows

Hi Chas.  Not to worry, you do have options.  You look fairly young so if surgery is out of the question then we would recommend Restylane.  We have had patients as young as 18 and in the same situation as you consider this procedure.  

It's called the tear trough procedure and it helps to provide volume under the eyes where it has been lost due to age or in your situation, where the area is sunken because of your facial anatomy.  

Find a good injector as the results will be very technique dependent and only consider Restylane or Juvederm in this area.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

23211 Hawthorne Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90505