Workouts and Diet or is Surgery the only way? (26 yo, 2 kids 1 year apart, lost 120 pounds, 5'5" 135 pounds, &29" waist)

What procedure would you recommend to me, & are any of my problem areas fixable with diet & exercise? I have maintained my current weight of 135lbs give/take 10 lbs for 2 yrs, I exercise (heavy lifting, yoga &running) 6 days a week. Still not seeing progress in my stomach, have loose skin, and also the skin around my hips is folding as well. Concerned about fat buildup in pelvic area. Would a tummy tuck be enough to get the results I want? (had other photos, but cant download them at the moment)

Is a TT enough

+2

Hi mamamimi. Congrats on the weight loss and keeping it off. At a minimum you need a full TT as you have correctly concluded. On top of that, you will need either liposuction of the flanks and back and or a combination of a circumferential TT (going all the way around) and liposuction and possibly even a lower body lift if your outer thigh and buttock skin is loose and sagging. Please see or talk to a ps who specializes in post massive weight body contouring.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck for Mother of Two

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss! It is difficult to tell without personally evaluating you, but people who have especially slack skin in their midsection and abdominal muscle weakness need more than what diet and exercise alone can offer. Typical candidates for a full tummy tuck are women with drooping abdomens after pregnancy, women and men who've lost a great deal of weight, menopausal women, or older people with loose skin due to age. In the tummy tuck, the skin from the rib cage down to the pelvic area is tightened, and the navel is moved up and secured in a new position.

A mini-tummy tuck is especially effective for people who look pretty good from the navel up. The main difference between the 2 procedures is that the mini-tummy tuck doesn't require moving or reconstructing the navel and the incision is shorter than the one made in a full tummy tuck.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

+1

I think that a tummy tuck would complete the transformation.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Exercise vs Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for your question and all your photos. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said you certainly have done all the right things and the results of your hard work is evident. However, the areas you would like to improve are exercise and diet resistant. From your photos, you seem to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Determining the best tummy tuck procedure for you can only be determined by consulting and being examined by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Please read the link below which explains the different types of tummy tucks.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck surgery is a great procedure

+1

It looks like you have done all of the hard work in losing the excess weight and getting into shape. A tummy tuck surgery would be the best way to fix the things that you can't correct on your own - weakened abdominal wall from the pregnancies and excess skin. You appear to be a fantastic candidate and now just need to find the right plastic surgeon to help you with the procedure.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon