Is Tummy Tuck the Only Solution for my Bulging Tummy?

I workout, do Pilates, and work with a trainer. I have NEVER been able to get rid of my "tummy." I look fat in a swimsuit. Should I get a Tummy Tuck? Are there areas of your body that you just can not fix with nutrition and working out? I am 38 and not getting any younger.

A tummy tuck can help

+1
Thank you for the photo. It looks like you may have excess fat in your midsection that can be reduced with regular exercise and a healthy diet. Once you've reached a stable weight, you may want to consider a tummy tuck to further eliminate the stubborn fat deposits and loose skin you may have. Best of luck.

Abdominal fullness not responsive to diet and exercise.

+1

It stil appears as if you are above your ideal body weight as a significant portion of your fatty deposits appeara centralized and intra-abdominal or visceral. You may want to seek evaluation by  a medical doctor to exclude any ohter possible causes for your appearance.

Tummy tuck options

+1

Without seeing other photos it is hard to tell, but just from the lateral view it looks like you may have excess skin and subcutaneous fat that may offer you a better result with a tummy tuck as opposed to liposuction.

Tummy tucks are a great solution for a bulging tummy

+1

Tummy tucks are a very effective and popular way to contour the abdomen. This is because, unlike procedures such as liposuction, tummy tucks address the deep layer of muscle, the fat, and the overlying skin. In women who have had pregnancies or have stubborn areas of fat and loose tissue, tummy tucks may be the ideal solution. Your best bet is to work at a board-certified plastic surgeon with a great deal of experience in abdominoplasty and liposuction. They will be able to assess you and determine what combination will help you meet your aesthetic goals.

To learn more about tummy tucks, see photos, and help you decide which one is best for you, please visit us at the link below:

Pat Pazmino, MD

Is a tummy tuck the "only" solution?

+1

The short answer is "no." The better answer is that a tummy tuck appears to be your best option. I have a very busy "tummy tuck" practice and get this question all the time. Of course you could become fantastically wealthy, have a personal trainer, chef and nutritionist...and still need a tummy tuck to achieve the desired result. Find yourself a good plastic surgeon and express exactly what you want to achieve.

Jack Gelman, MD
Frankfort Plastic Surgeon

Solutions for Bulging Tummy

+1

Taking into account your photos, a full tummy tuck would definitely give you your best result. This would entail removing excess fat and skin as well as tightening your muscles which do show significant laxity. You would get some modest improvement also with a mini-abdominoplasty or liposuction alone. However, you would definitely get the "most bang for the buck" with a full tummy tuck and will probably be happiest with it.

John Whitt, MD

Answer to bulging abdomen

+1

From your photo it appears that you have significant musculofascial laxity with loss of tone and stretching of the "corset " muscles (rectus and obliques) of your abdominal wall. This often occurs after pregnancy- especially with weight gains in excess of 30-40 lbs.

Diet and exercise are great BUT in my experience over 30 yrs. abdominoplasty is the only way to correct this laxity and restore the femine "hourglass".

Barry H. Dolich, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon