Getting a Six-pack After Liposuction?

I'm a 30-year-old male, 6'4" in height and I weigh 240 lbs. I work out 4 to 5 times a week I but just cant seem to get rid of the fat on my abs. I'm thinking of having a Liposuction. Is getting a six-pack a realistic goal? I know that if I don't have it done, I won't be able to achieve it. But if I keep on doing my ab workout, will the goal be possible?

You will need a body fat composition well below 9%

+3

The only way to get a 6 pack abdominal wall is to have an extremely low body fat composition.  At 240 pounds, you aren't close to that and liposuction won't make that change.  You would be better off getting a personal trainer and a dietician who can get you closer to a 6 pack than liposuction can.

Liposuction improves contour and removes bulges.

+1

Hi.

the trouble with patients like you is unrealistic expectations.  Probably, liposuction, well done, will get you closer to what you want.  But I never use the expression "six pack".

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

6 pack abdomen!

+1
Dear Mr. Supermckay, if you are very fit and have a moderate amount of fat on your tummy wall then liposuction may help improve the shape of your abdomen. Men typically carry more fat inside the tummy than on the outside- so if you have a very protuberant abdomen then liposuction really will not change the shape of your tummy.
To achieve a visible 6 pack you will have to decrease your per cent body fat to start seeing muscle definition. Diet and exercise will help and perhaps an assessment by an MD or if the case in your state- a Naturopath- who perform evalutations of your hormone panel, will help improve your metabolism in combination with exercise.
The exercise routine should involve more than just Abdominal training- targetin a muscle will not change that area only. A combination of weight training, yoga and pliometrics will help with changing your body shape.
With Warm Regards
Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD