Are There Body Areas That You Can Not Fix with Nutrition and Working Out?

I workout and do pilates and work with a trainer. I have NEVER been able to get rid of my "tummy" I look pg in a swimsuit. Should I get a TT? Are there areas of your body that you just can not fix with nutrition and working out? I am 38 and not getting any younger.

Targeted weight loss

+2

Thank you for your question -

Targeted weight loss is something that the infomercials promote but doesn't exist. Crunches won't target fat in your abdomen. While it is important to be as close to your ideal body weight as possible - weight loss (and weight gain) does not happen necessarily in an even fashion over your body and there are no known exercises or diets to reduce abdominal fat or target other areas.

Unfortunately surgery remains the only way to perform targeted contour improvement (including liposuction and tummy tucks).

If you're at your ideal body weight, surgery may be a good option to help resolve those remaining stubborn areas.

Difficulty improving tummy appearance with diet and exercise

+1

It still appears as if you are above your ideal body weight as a significant portion of your fatty deposits appeara centralized and intra-abdominal or visceral. You may want to seek evaluation by a medical doctor to exclude any ohter possible causes for your appearance

Tummy tuck and liposuction for stubborn areas.

+1

Today, there are many good options to correct the stubborn areas in our body that do not seem to go away with exercise or a low-fat diet. If it is a localized area of extra fat, liposuction is an excellent option. If the patient has extra fat, loose skin, or loose muscles in the abdomen, a tummy tuck may be the ideal procedure.

Your best bet is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience in abdominoplasty and body contouring as they will be able to assess you and help you determine which procedures will meet your personal goals.

To learn more about tummy tucks, see photos, and help you decide which one is best for you, please visit us at the link below:

Pat Pazmino, MD

Target for weight loss

+1

It sound like you are taking all the steps one can to combat your situation. However, genetics not only plays a role in fat storage it wins!

You may be storing a fair amount of fat intra-abdominaly. This will not change with surgery. The surgical removal of skin and the fat attached will make a positive change. In addition tightening the abdominal rectus muscle combined with liposuction in the flank area will make a nice change, judging from your photo.

The best thing to do is get a consult from a board certified plastic surgeon and get information more specific to you.

Good Luck!

Rodger Wade Pielet, MD (in memoriam)