Working out After Juvederm?

How long after having Juvederm do I have to wait before I can work out? I'm considering having it injected for my laugh lines.

Working out After Juvederm

+1
Each injector has different guidelines for postoperative care. Many including myself will limit but allow some exercise post treatment. Consult with your injector to understand his or her guidelines as he or she knows the scope of the treatment and the specifics about you.

One Day

+1

Whenever there is an injection, there is a chance of a bruise. If there is a bruise it is usually small, however, rarely, patients do get large bruises.

In my experience, patients who bruise after injections usually bruise in 24 hours. If you have not bruised by then, a bruise if very unlikely. When you exercise your blood pressure goes up and down quickly and you are more likely to get a bruise. For that reason I would wait until the day after the treatment to work out.

Hope this helps.

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon