Lose Fat from Working out After Brazilian Butt Lift

Does working out (cardio, jogging, elliptical, pilates) after a Brazilian Butt lift cause you to lose fat from the butt? And if so, do you lose fat proportionate to your new body? Or, will you lose fat to the point your butt flattens back out?

No one can predict where you will lose weight

+2

I don't think anyone can answer that question for sure. I would expect that you would lose some volume from your butt, but not exclusively from your butt. It's really impossible be sure, but I would guess you will probably lose a little here and a little there.

I have had one patient who gained weight (about 10-15 lbs) a few years after I performed the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure for her. The majority of this weight gain appeared to go to her buttocks, with only a little gain elsewhere.

Weight loss after a Brazilian butt lift

+1

A Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen hips waist and back and grafting this fat to the gluteal (butt) region. This is a safe and great way to create a tight waist and abdomen and a full, beautiful bottom.

After a successful Brazilian Butt Lift, the fat that remains in the butt area will not go away. However, this fact will still behave like the fat from the rest of your body. If you undergo significant weight loss you will lose some of the volume in your butt as well. For this reason, it is best to receive the surgery when you are at your stable weight or several pounds over your stable weight if your plastic surgeon determines that this extra tissue is necessary to achieve your results.
Your best bet is to only work with a experienced plastic surgeon who is board-certified by the American Board of plastic surgery.

Pat Pazmino, MD

If I exercise after my Brazilina Butt Lift will I lose the fat from my Buttocks?

+1

Hi there-

I actually have had several patients in this position- including a Pilates instructor, so am comfortable telling you that once you have recovered from the operation and have the new body proportions achieved at surgery, it will (of course) still be possible to gain or lose weight, but your new proportions should be maintained as long as your lifestyle is healthy. In other words, an unhealthy diet that does not meet the nutritional requirements of your body might cause you to lose this tissue (it is a fact that with extreme malnutrition, even your skeletal and cardiac muscle might be broken down to give your body what it needs to function). As long as your lifestyle does not approach these abnormal characteristics, you should be good...

Here is a little more good advice on choosing a plastic surgeon:

Armando Soto, MD, FACS