When Can I Be Ok Working out Abs After Lipo?

I had "smart" and traditional lipo with tumescence done 3 weeks ago. When may I return to the gym to work on abs? (too sore now but wondering when it's advisable)

Liposuction and gym

+1

Ususally liposuction patients return to thr gym sooner than othere surgical patients.  Each doctor is a bit different and you should ask yours what his/her recommendations are.

Exercise after liposuction

+1

its such a technique dependent question. I do tumescent liposuction using smaller sized cannulas and my patients are sore for 24 hrs. after which they are highly encouraged to workout as much as possible. infact I work in close association with a personal trainer, who is also a nutritionist, and is very knowledgable in taking care of patients post procedures. my pts have scheduled appointments with him in the first week after liposuction and they see him at least 1x/wk for 4-6 weeks. in my experience pts who follow a closely monitored exercise and nutrition program do much better post procedure. its motivating for them and most of them usually stick with an exercise regimen that they can follow even without a trainer. in your case I would recommend u consult with your surgeon and perhaps do some at home gentle exercises as tolerated  

Abs

+1

I think you have the anawer in your question. Clearly you need to wait until you can work out with pain. Perhaps more important is the wearing of your garment unti the swelling comes down for best results.

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com