Can I Get Rid of My Batwings With Armlift and Breast Lift w/ Implants?

I am a 50 year old female. A little over a decade ago I had lost over 100 pounds. I am now looking into having brachioplasty together with a mastopexy with implants. I would like to know if there was a way to get rid of the loose skin below my armpits extending from my breast with these two procedures? I really don't have a problem with any loose skin or fat on my back to justify an upper body lift. Thank You, Diamond In The Rough

Body Contouring after a large weight loss

+2

Patients with significant weight loss have a very unique skin excess issues. The breast lift surgery would not correct the looseness that you describe below your arms. It seems that in your particular case you would require an arm lift with specific extension to correct the “bat wings”. Make sure that your surgeon is well skilled and experienced in the body contouring procedures for patients with significant weight loss.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Arm lifting, Breast Augmentation/Lifting and Excess Skin Below Axilla?

+2

Yes, it is possible to undergo arm lifting as well as breast augmentation/lifting AND  remove the “loose skin below the armpits” at the same time. As you mentioned, the breast lifting incision can be extended superiorly to address the loose skin below the axilla. Often, this can extend to meet the arm lifting incision line. Care must be taken during the planning of these  procedures to avoid a scar across the axilla that would prevent normal range of motion of the arm.

You may find the attached link helpful to you.

Can I Get Rid of My Batwings With Armlift and Breast Lift w/ Implants

+1

This is not an uncommon combination procedure in patients who have had massive weight loss. The breast lift incision is extended back toward the axilla and then down the arm. The armlift and breast lift and implants are done at one setting, with one recovery period. Thanks for your question, all the best. 

Arm lift

+1

The location of the loose skin will determine where and in which direction the cut the skin out and that will determine the location of the scars.  In some cases it is possible to extend the breast lift incision so that it will also,remove loose skin in the armpit.  Your situation needs to be tailored specifically to your particular problem and there are several options available.  It would be helpful to see photos, or you should see a plastic surgeon for a consult.  Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Arm Lift at the time of Breast lift with or without implants

+1

Hi there-

I do believe that performing the two procedures you ask about at the same time is possible for selected patients... the key is going to be making sure that you are in this category- in order to be confident that combining them is not going to somehow compromise your safety, healing, or outcome. This will depend on the details of your examination and your goals.

I would concentrate on finding the best surgeon available to you, visit for a consultation, and then review your options and the pros and cons of combining the procedures in your particular case.

Good luck!

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

How can I fix my batwings after weight loss?

+1

An extended brachioplasty (arm lift) connected to an extended mastopexy (breast lift) with or without implants will correct the excess skin in the armpits and lateral chest. Look for a surgeon that performs this procedure routinely.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift combined with breast surgery

+1

Congratulations  on your weight loss. The 2 procedures may be combined but the best way to know what procedure(s) you wouldd benefit from would be for you to meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you, review your medical history and goals. You need to have a very good understanding of where the scars would be as a result of both procedures

I wish you well

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Yes, consider arm lift with axillary extension

+1

Yes, an arm lift or brachioplasty that has an extension into the axillary area can improve the appearance of your arms as well as the axillary (arm pit) area.  The design of the procedure is key since some of the excess tissue should be advanced into the axillary area  and removed tightening the axilla as well as the arm.  Attached you will find a link to one of my before and after photos that shows this as an example.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD