What if Latisse Won't Work?

i used latisse and did not get the results of long full eyelashes,does it work for some people and not others?and why

Latisse work for everyone?

+2

Latisse may not work for 100% of people who use it.  I would recommend you using it for 2-3 months and if you still don't see any results, then you must fall within the small % of paitents whom this product does not work.

Make sure you are comparing before and after photos because sometimes, it is working and the patient doesn't realize it (they forget what they started with).

Latisse works on the vast majority of patients to various degrees

+2

Latisse works on the vast majority of patients to various degrees.   I have not seen it not work on anyone.  The issue with Latisse is that you have to use it every day for the full 4 months to see the full effect.  You’re only going to see a gradual effect each day, so if you’re thinking after a month you’re going to see a big difference, you will not.  It does make longer, thicker, darker lashes, but it takes four months to put them in the growth phase.  You have to give it time.  It may not work on some people, but that is very rare.  It is true that it doesn’t work to the same degree on all people.  Some patients get very long lashes and end up cutting back on how they maintain it, while other patients really need to continue it daily.  Just make sure you use it daily as directed with the applicator and you should see results after 4 months.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

How long have you been using Latisse?

+2

Did you skip many applications?  Did you take photos before to get a true comparison?  Many people think they haven't benefitted from various aesthetic treatments, when in actuality their memories are deceptive.

Benjamin Ticho, MD
Chicago Ophthalmologist

Does Latisse work for everyone?

+1
Latisse does not help everyone. However, clinical studies showed that it does help the vast majority of individuals who use it. 

It takes time to see results. At the end of 1 month, about 25 % see an improvement, at the end of 2 months about 50 % have an improvement, at the end of month 3 about 67 % have improvement and at the end of month 4 about 80 % have an improvement. 

Jeff Donovan, MD, PhD
Toronto Dermatologist

Latisse efficacy

+1
I was the first doctor in NYC to use Latisse Because I know the eye MD who patented it and licensed it to Allergan Because I used it before Allergan came out w Latisse We had to put the lumigan in a vehicle And I chose putting it in mascara Which works better than just sticking it on a brush Then it works much better Maybe because it's easier to apply so women stick with it

Emil Chynn, MD
New York Ophthalmologist

Does Latisse always work?

+1

No medication, including Latisse, works for all patients.  However, most reports show a positive response rate of 85% to 90% and this is consistent with what I have seen in my practice.  Before giving up on Latisse you need to use the product for at least 12 weeks, apply it daily, and follow the instructions carefully.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Latisse works for most people

+1

Latisse is a medicine that works for most people to create darker, thicker, and longer eyelashes. However, like with any medicine, it doesn't work for everyone - you are a non-responder, which is infrequent with this medication, but certainly possible.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse may not Work for Everyone

+1

As with any medication, there is never a 100% success rate. A relatively small percentage of people will see little to no response to Latisse so you may be one of them. You may also have very slow growing eyelashes (compared to average) and simply continuing Latisse for a longer period of time, say five to six months, may be necessary to see the results you are looking for. I recommend you continue for a while longer before giving up! If you still don't respond, that would be unfortunate because Latisse has been a really popular treatment for the majority of women who have tried it.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

What if Latisse Won't Work?

+1

After speaking with Allergan about the "failure rate" from Latisse my guess is there is a % of users that have no response. Around 12% from what I researched. Sorry you must fit into one of these non responders. 

Latisse Non-responder

+1

The company that makes Latisse does state that there are a certain percentage of people that will not get results.  If you tried it for 12 weeks and did not see any results then likely you are one of these people.  It is unfortunate as this has been a product that most women really like.  As to the reason, I have not seen any information on this.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon