I Work in The Heat but Not in the Sun, Monday Received Injection, OK To Go Back To Work Wednesday?

if i work in th heat and have the injection around my lips on monday about 4 pm, will i be ok to go back to work on wednesday and is there anything i should expect to happen to my face

It is fine to go back to work after a couple of days of having injections

+1

It is fine to go back to work after a couple of days.  We recommend not going into a sauna or steam room for 48 hours after the injections and to stay out of the sun if there is any bruising.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Heat and sun exposure after lip augmentation

+1

You should return to your regular, daily activities including heat and sun exposure.  We always remind patients to not forget the lips when applying sunscreen when spending time outdoors as the lips may also develop sun spots.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

+1

I don't believe working in a warm environment would affect the fillers in your lip in a deleterious manner.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Injection around face

+1

Many of my patients go back to work right after faciel filler injections.  Sure there may be some swelling but it usually subsides soon after.  Bruiisng can happen but is not a very common problem.

Aftercare following injection

+1
Aftercare following lip injection is simple. Avoid things that may make you swell such as strenous exercise or excessive heat. You will not harm the results or effectiveness of the filler by being exposed to warm environments or else no one living in phoenix could get injections over the summer! So working around heat may just exaggerate swelling for a few days. As always follow the advice of the doctor who does your injection.

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist

What to Expect After Lip Enhancement

+1

Both Juvederm and Restylane contain hyaluronic acid and are the best options for correcting an aging lip. They are used to replace lost volume, define the vermilion borders and create a more youthful curl, elevate and lift the corners of the mouth, and correct vertical wrinkle lines. The typical side effects associated with hyaluronic acid injections include bruising, redness, swelling and pain. These occur in as high as 90% of patients and usually resolve within one week. It is possible that some of these side effects may be affected by the injection techniques such as fan like injections, higher injection volumes, and more rapid injection times. There should be no problem with your returning to normal activities after your injections. Make sure you wear your sunscreen and lip protectant. 

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

there is no issue with going back to work in the heat after injections to the lips. If it were, I and my patients would be miserable here in Florida (we're not). 

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation and sun exposure

+1

Sun or heat exposure should have no effect on Botox, restylane, Juvederm or other fillers...but follow the specific instructions of the MD doing the injections.