Can I Work from Home at a Desk 3 Days After a TT?

i work from home - just computer work. Will i be able to do that 3 days after a TT?

Recovery after a tummy tuck

+2

Eveyone has a different rate of recovery from surgery. Patients are typically pretty sore for the first couple of days after a tummy tuck. Most of the pain is from the tightness after the midline repair for a diastasis recti. I tell my patients to expect 50% of the tightness and pain to improve by one week and the other 40-50% after the second week. anyone who is not back to 100% after 2 weeks is usually better in 3 weeks.

The worst thing you can do after this surgery is to lay around and not be active. The least recommended activity is, you should get out of bed and sit in a chair. Depending on how much pain medication you are taking there is no reason why you can't do some work from home.  

Can I Work from Home at a Desk 3 Days After a #TummyTuck? ANS:

+2

It really depends on a few factors. It depends on your energy level and on how aggressive your surgeon is as well. My patients re pretty sore after and even spend two nights in a recovery care facility so doing desk work on day three is usually hard to do...And then the pain medication as well...So I would say in most cases probably no and with my patients since I tend to be a bit more on the aggressive side...doubtful!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Working After a Tummy Tuck

+2

With your surgeons approval, you should be able to do some desk work. But don't push yourself, increase work gradually, be sure to get up and ambulate (walk) once an hour. Everyone recovers differently so you will have to see how you feel.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Desk work 3 days after tummy tuck

+1
While I generally tell patients to avoid sitting upright in chairs for the first week after their surgery, you may be able to depending on your rate of recovery and your surgeon's instructions. Please follow them for the best surgical outcome.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Tummy tuck recovery

+1

Thank you for the question.  The recovery after a tummy tuck procedure depends on several factors including each individuals discomfort tolerance, whether abdominal wall tightening is performed, the extent of the tummy tuck procedure, etc.  If you feel like you are a fairly tough individual working at a desk from home 3 days after a tummy tuck is possible but I suspect the length of time at work and productivity will be reduced.  You must also keep in mind that your priority is to heal so hydration, rest, and proper movement and abdominal binder wearing should be performed diligently.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Return to work after TT

+1

Yes you can go back to work from home. You need however to take frequent brakes and walk around the house so you do not get clots in your legs, and drink ample fluids. Pain should be for 24 hrs after surgery after that motrin should be enough during the day. 

M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, FACS

+1

Recovery is highly individualized. However, many patients are capable of working from home after a few days. 

Remember, however, that if you are taking narcotic pain meds, these affect your thinking as effectively as does alcohol. But since you are taking it for pain, you may be less aware of the interference to your normal reasoning process. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes for your upcoming surgery. 

Working from home after tummy tuck

+1

You can work from home right away after tummy tuck but recovery is individual. Get caught up at work as your medication might slow you down, and you just might not be in the mood for difficult assignments. Also, sitting is fine, though you must be up frequently to exercise your legs. Ambitious but do-able.

Hello

+1

Your question is hard to answer; it has a lot to do with the patients. Each person heals at their own rate; your PS would be the person to answer that question. If you’re not lifting anything heavy it should not be a problem, it’s up to you as the patient if your able too.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Return to work after tummy tuck surgery

+1

Everyone recovers at their own pace, but there are some guidelines regarding returning to work after surgery. First and foremost, it is important to be off of your pain medicines prior to returning to work to avoid injury (especially driving) and poor decisions (office work). Additionally, each surgery is done slightly differently and your surgeon will be in the best position to advise you regarding limitations. It is important to allow adequate time to recover for best results.

Lawrence Iteld, MD