Can I Go to Work After Sculptra Injections?

If I make an appointment in the morning, can I take ice paks and come into my office after the injections? I'm not worried about anyone seeing me, I'm just concerned that I may need to take the day off for pain or healing. Thank you

Sculptra

+1

Yes, it is possible to go back to work the same day after your Sculptra treatment.  However, as with any injection, there is a risk of bruising.  If there is bruising, make-up can be applied to the area to help camoflauge this.  

Fort Lauderdale Sculptra

+1
Absolutely! The beauty of this product is most injectors mix with a small amount of anesthetic resulting in greater comfort. Patients frequently have this done in the evening and go to work the next day.

Will Richardson, MD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra Recovery

+1

Yes, it is possible to go back to work after Sculptra injections.  However, the patient should be performing the company-recommended massage of the treated areas, and applying ice packs.  Also, it is not a good idea to wear make-up immediately post-procedure, therefore covering up a bruise would be impossible.  For these reasons, many patients take the rest of the day off or do the procedure on Friday so they have the weekend to recover.

Kristel D. Polder, MD
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

Back to work after Sculptra possible no or minimal down time

+1

if you are not concerned about your appearance, and if you have a "desk" job not requiring manual labor or bending down over at the waist, you most certainly can go to work the day after Sculptra volumization injections.  You will be swollen, slightly red in spots, and quite possibly badly bruised, more the day after then the day of injections. Most doctors recommend massaging the face for 5 minutes, 5 times per day for 5 days after Sculptra so your doctor may insist that you do this at work.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Sculptra is usually not the kind of treatment that requires time off from work

+1

Sculptra is usually not the kind of treatment that requires time off from work.  As with facial fillers, you may get somewhat bruised or may look a little puffy.  The puffiness is from the water and may actually look good as if it is part of the correction, but it will go away.  We tell patients to not take any blood thinners to minimize bruising.  I wouldn’t have any injection right before a major event or photo shoot, but with a little makeup most people don’t have to take any significant time off from work.  If you are in the public eye or work on television,  you may want to take a little time off, but it’s really just a matter of seeing some bruising.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Can I go to work after sculptra?

+1

I don't see why not if you're up to it. just don't plan any big meetings or major decisions. personally I would go home.

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Yes, you can go back to work after Sculptra

+1

Yes, you can go back to work after Sculptra.  Immediately after treatment you will have some swelling giving your face a more volumized appearance - which you may actually LIKE.  Good luck!

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Sculptra is OK before work

+1

Sculptra is injected with an anesthetic which makes the area feel a little numb until the anesthetic wears off.  There will be a little swelling after the treatment which is really just the water mixed with Sculptra and adds a visual improvement to the treated areas by replacing lost volume.  Ice is a great way to prevent bruising and swelling.  The injections may cause some mild tenderness in the areas treated for a few days, but most patients have no problem returning to work or normal activities immediately.

In Good Health,

Dr. Keel 

Douglas M. Keel, DO
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

There should be some swelling but minimal discomfort after Sculptra injections

+1

If you don't mind having some mild redness and swelling, there should be no problem going to work after your Sculptra injections.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Work after Sculptra? Sure. Why not?

+1

Given the description provided in your question, I don't think there would be a problem returning to work after the Sculptra procedure.  You may be a little sore and a little swollen.  But assuming the Sculptra was re-constituted using local anesthetic as recommended, you should not have any pain at all.  So sure.  Why not?

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon