How do I repair my earlobe whie keeping it stretched? (photo)

I'm not really worried about any deformation I just want to be able to keep my ears stretched. It started with an infection in my left ear, the cut was caused by taking my plugs in and out frequently due to school not letting me wear Them. It seems like the infection damaged the tissues in my ear and there's a hole in it now, the whole bottom part of my ear is thin and seems completely like scar tissue. I don't want my ear to split any further. What can i do to fix this? themthem.

Stretched Ear Lobe Repair Instead of Closure

+2
  • I have seen patients with stretched/gauged ear lobes just like yours, whose ear lobe skin is just about to tear.  And like you, some of these patients still desire to wear plugs or other jewelry. 
  • Under local anesthesia, I have excised the very thin portion of the earlobe that is about to tear, and then sewn the two portions of the ear lobe on either side back together. 
  • I then ask these patients to NOT wear any plugs/jewelry for at least a month, so as to not put any tension on the repair.  After a month, you can then begin to wear jewelry again. 
  • Thanks for sharing your photo, and best of luck to you!

Earlobe repair while keeping it stretched

+1

Theoretically speaking, it could be repaired surgically by removing the thinnest, most damaged skin and then carefully reapproximating the tissue. However, before doing this, I would make sure to refrain from wearing the jewelry for several weeks before and after the procedure.

Michael M. Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

How do I repair my earlobe whie keeping it stretched?

+1
In my experience once someone has a stretched earlobe blowout or develops a complication, they usually want the stretched lobes repaired. In theory you could repair the area that concerns you and place a smaller gauge at the time of the procedure that won't stretch the area of the repair. As I mentioned, most people just want their lobes repaired and I usually advise people to have the stretched lobes returned to their previous size and shape to avoid any additional complications.

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe repair

+1
I am uncertain as to why you would want a stretched out earlobe. Given your description of the situation, you need to have the earlobe repaired. If there is a disparity with the other side,you could repair both. The procedure for repairing the earlobe is incompatible with maintaining the stretched out condition.

Robert L. Kraft, MD