I had a tummy tuck last month and my belly button has purple lines around it. Is something wrong or is this normal? (Photo)

I had a tummy tuck around June 2 and everything's feeling fine but my belly button had like purple lines around it aNd it looks like stretch marks but I'm not sure if that's good or bad.can someone please help.

Discoloration around umbilicus following an abdominoplasty

+1
Thanks for your question, your degree of discoloration does not appear to be out of the ordinary.  Given time the scar will massage.  Ask your plastic surgeon for recommendations to make the scar better.  

I had a tummy tuck last month and my belly button has purple lines around it. Is something wrong or is this normal?

+1
Always best to follow up with your chosen operative surgeon. Appears as swelling in the superficial tissue... 

BB scar after TT

+1
Thank you for your concerns.It appears that your belly button is doing well and healing.I would recommend following up with your plastic surgeon for scar management.Scars mature over a 2 year period and during this time some procedures can be done to improve the scar, if it is needed.Best of Luck.

Allen Gabriel, MD, FACS
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Bell Button Red/Purple in Color

+1
Thank you for your question and photo. It appears that your belly button is healing normally. About a month to six weeks after surgery, the wound is in its inflammatory phase of wound healing. Redness or a purple color to the scar is normal and will persist for months until it starts to fade.  Best wishes on your recovery.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Redness or purple lines around belly button scar after tummy tuck

+1
View are still early and recovery and it is quite common for the belly button scar to be red.  However you should see your plastic surgeon for treatment.  Silicon tape, scar guard and other topical treatments can help.  If the scar becomes a red raised ropey and itchy 1540 non-ablative fractional erbium laser treatments can be very effective.  Please see your surgeon.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Your early results around the belly button after a tummy tuck

+1
Things are healing in the scope of normal. Early red scarring is not unusual, especially if there is tension around the umbilicus. The incision are healing and you can expext it all to get better but this takes a full year for everything. Ask your surgeon, maybe some silicone gel will be recommended to achieve the best scarring the fastest. Be patient though and see your doc along the way for guidance.

Christopher S. Verbin, MD

Scarring around the navel following tummy tuck

+1
The healing process following abdominoplasty takes up to six months.  Scarring may worsen over the first 2-3 months.  However, with enough time, they will become nearly the same color as the surrounding skin.
Essentially, it is too early to judge the outcome of the scar surrounding your belly button.  In short, I would keep close follow up with your physician and give it time.  Good luck

Jason R. Hess, MD

+1
Your photos are poor quality. The healing process includes several stages ---one of which is redness at the incision site. This is an indication that the body is creating new blood vessels. Talk to your surgeon for further assessment and recommendations.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Discolored umbilicus after tummy tuck

+1
Please discuss you concerns with your surgeon. An examination is required to get a specific answer.

Bruising, scarring, swelling, etc. are going to occur after a tummy tuck and it can take months for things to normalize.

Timothy Connall, MD