I've had 2 natural birth pregnancies. Could I get a Mini Tummy Tuck w/muscle repair & belly button hernia repair? (photos)

I have always wanted this extra skin to vanish but without the hideous tummy tuck scar. I have read only a few reviews on realself where muscle repair was done with a mini tummy tuck. Looking at my photos is that possible? to get a mini tummy tuck and muscle repair? Also does it look like i have a belly button hernia? The extra skin is only under my belly button. Thank you for your time

Tummy Tuck options

+1
See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Could I get a Mini Tummy Tuck w/muscle repair & belly button hernia repair?

+1
It's difficult to say for sure with this photo - it is, of course, always better to be able to discuss the options after an in person exam.

But the first question is - what is causing the protrusion of your lower abdomen?  From the photo it doesn't look like you have that much extra skin and fat anywhere on your abdomen.  How much can you "pinch" if you try to grab the extra?  Unless there is a significant amount then neither a full nor a mini TT is indicated.

Instead, many women post-pregnanacy have what is most accurately called abdominal wall attenuation (weakening of the entire abdominal wall).  That is difficult to "fix" in general (even a muscle repair only helps a bit) and the overall appearance of the stomach is improved only a bit with this surgery.  There is no point in doing surgery unless a reasonable (and understood) change can be anticipated.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of RealSelf100

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

I've had 2 natural birth pregnancies. Could I get a Mini Tummy Tuck w/muscle repair & belly button hernia repair?

+1
The combination of procedures may be reasonable for you, but an exam is always helpful.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Mini Tummy Tuck Muscle Tightening

+1
Yes...you can tighten the muscles nicely with a mini tummy tuck. You do not have to undergo a full tummy tuck to do that. You could very well have a belly button hernia (umbilical hernia), but there is no way of telling for sure without an examination by a doctor.

Franklin D. Richards, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

+1
NO!! You need i my over the internet opinion a Short Scar full TT with MR.. Best to xzeek IN PERSON opinions from boarded PSs in your area. 

Tummy tuck scar and belly button

+1
As usual, no "real" opinion/medical advice without an in-person consultation.  However, based on photographs:
1.  You can see through the skin the rectus diastasis (and possibly hernia) 
2.  Belly button is really high, so IF a tummy tuck was done there would likely be the usual potentially "hideous" scar, a scar around the belly button, and a vertical scar between the belly button and the usual scar.
3. Anything less than a regular tummy tuck and I doubt you'd be happy in 6 months.

Best of luck to you.

James E. Chappell, MD