6mos Post and Very Uncomfortable and Unhappy? (photo)

6 mos postop (Surgery was Sep 13, 2012) & as you can see I am extremely unhappy with the results. Should my surgeon have done lipo on my underarm areas? He said he doesn't do that along with a reduction. 900g was taken from one & 862g from the other. I've had to get a custom fitted bra to wear, which pulls the tissue forward from under my arms, & is very tight & painful. This cannot be normal to have this much tissue under the arms? Looking for a surgeon to correct the results.

Axillary fat after a breast reduction

+1

A breast reduction is a reconstructive plastic surgical procedure that is typically covered by insurance.  It is certainly not unusual to have extra fat under the arm area extending back to the dorsal rolls or bra fat.  To an experienced plastic surgeon this area is always a source of contention and can be liposuctioned out either at the time of surgery or under local anesthesia on a delayed basis.  Ask your plastic surgeon in a non-confrontational manner how this area can be improved.  I think that you will find that he will be quite willing to help you improve your body shape.  

Lateral Breast Fullness After Breast Reduction

+1

Many breast reduction patients will have a fat roll at the side of the breast that extends into the back. Its treatment by liposuction is not part of a breast reduction procedure nor would it be covered by insurance. I always point that out to my breast reduction patients and give them an option to treat it for an additional fee at the time of their breast reduction.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/breast-red.html

Breast reduction

+1

Under arm lipo is not part of a breast reduction. You might be able to lose that still by better diet and exercise. Otherwise more can be done surgically but that is generally considered to be cosmetic, not insurable.

Revision breast reduction can make things better.

+1

Hi.

Your breasts look square with folds on the sides.  I believe they can be improved a lot, but not primarily with liposuction.  You should have a revision with the vertical internal technique, which produces a more conical shape, and the excess skin on the sides needs to be trimmed.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.