Juvederm Voluma XC - Is there any health reasons or medication that would not make me a successful candidate?

Is there any health reasons or medication that would not make me a successful candidate?

Contraindications to Voluma

+3
Contraindications include allergy to hyaluronic acid or lidocaine.  Patients who are taking blood thinners have an increased risk of bruising. We generally do not treat pregnant or nursing women.

The list is not long, and hopefully you are not on it!

Contraindications for Voluma

+2
Contraindications include an allergy to hyaluronic acid or lidocaine.  It is aslo contraindicated for pregnant or nursing women.  

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Voluma

+2
Voluma is an excellent product for lifting and shaping the face.  One big advantage over some of the other fillers is that it lasts up to 2 years.  Whether it's the best product for you over other fillers depends on the look your doctor is trying to achieve.  It's critical to be treated by an expert who has experience injecting these products to get the best results, especially with long term fillers like Voluma.  Your doctor can see if there are any contraindications for treatment but most patients are good candidates for this filler.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Voluma

+1
Voluma is a good product for facial filler. If you have allergies to hyaluronic acid or the anesthetic in the product perhaps it would not be right for you.

Contraindications to Juvederm Voluma

+1
There really are no medical contraindications to the use of Voluma. Most important is really the technique and expertise of your physician injector, ideally a highly trained specialist such as a dermatologist to optimize safety & efficacy. Where possible, I advise avoiding various blood thinners in the week prior treatment and for a few days after to minimize bruising and swelling. Its also important to know which areas to treat and not to treat with this product, for instance I wouldn't recommend it for the lips.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

There are no real medical contraindications to using Voluma...

+1
Juvederm Voluma XC is an excellent new product on the market that provides long lasting volume to the face. If you have an allergy to hyaluronic acid or lidocaine then you should avoid this product, however it is extremely rare to have those allergies. If you are on blood thinners, then, with the consent of your primary care provider, it would be best to stop those a few days before coming to avoid bruising. In any case you should be very happy with this product.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Voluma XC - Is there any health reason or medication that would not make me a successful candidate?

+1
The only contraindications are allergy to other hyaluronic acid fillers or lidocaine as Voluma contains a very small amount of local anesthetic. Blood thinners will raise the risk bruising but are not an absolute contraindication in most cases. I am not aware of any medications that would interact with Voluma or preclude its use. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon