Just wondering what type of implants would go best with my body?

Im a 27 year old mother of two , non smoker dont take birth control or any meds . Im having my second and last child in dec 2013 . I plan on breast feeding for one year and in that year will be back down to my pre pregnancy weight 160 im 5"9 and have a wide curvy frame i was a size 9 - 10 at 160. A mommy makeover is what my husband and i are planning .

Breast Implants : What's Best for Me and a Mommy Makeover

+1

I agree with the doctors so far- but would add some additional information.

Your biggest decision will be saline versus silicone implants.

Saline is the medical word for salt water. Silicone is a gelatin like product. The choice is not one of correct or wrong, but what is best for you.

Saline is natural salt water. We are made of salt water -about 70%. The implant has psychological advantage, because if it leaks we get saline inside us. This is no big deal. The implants are not as soft or natural as silicone however.

Silicone implants are like a gelatin feel. They are significantly more soft and natural. They feel better and have less rippling and palpability. They also are more expensive!

Most woman pick silicone in my experience, because it is a better and more natural product. The saline implants give excellent results as well.

The FDA studied silicone implants for 15 years to evaluate safety. After extensive study they have been determined to be just as safe as saline.

Your decision will start with these facts. Examination with a doctor will be critical as discussed above by other doctors.

Hope this helps!

Dr Chris Saunders

West Chester Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

+1

When you are ready you should go for a consultation and be properly evaluated. Without an exam, it is difficult to say what implant is best.

Breast Augmentation

+1

You need a consultation in person with a board certified plastic surgeon. Without a photo, we can't even begin to advise you. There's a lot to discuss in terms of implant options and a thorough consultation is in order.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Mommy Makeover Implant size

+1

This question is best answered with a consultation. Regardless of what your measurements are currently or in the past, you are having a major body change event with your pregnancy and breast feeding. The result of that event may be completely different than your last pregnancy.

The new VECTRA 3-D imaging system does a good job simulating the resulta of breast augmentation and breast lift. It would be a worthwhile addition to your consultation.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Selecting Breast Implants

+1

Thank you for your question. It is very important to be examined by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. The fact that you are taking time to get back to your ideal weight before pregnancy will improve your final result. For more information on determining how to select breast implants please read the link below.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast Implants

+1

Obviously hard to tell without photos or a consult and since your body will change with preganncy this makes it harder but you can likely assume that you will need volume and possible a lift after a few babies

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

+1

Without photos, breast measurements, and an idea of your goal this is not really possible to answer. The changes that may occur during the pregnancy and nursing will further make any evaluation today not particularly helpful in a year from now.

All the best.

Best implant

+1

It is impossible to answer this querstion without seeing and examining you after all your pregnancies and weight loss are over.

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon