I'm Wondering About a Tip Rhinoplasty.

My nose is large and I have a slight bump in the bridge, but none of that concerns me. What I'd really like to fix is the bump on the tip of my nose. One side of the tip is much fuller than the other. Would it be possible to remove this bump on the tip without messing with my other features? I know an effective rhinoplasty takes into account all of the nose's features,and that I will need a consultation, but is it possible to remove a bump from the tip without needing to change the entire nose?

Tip-plasty or full rhinoplasty

There are few noses that require only a tip-rhinoplasty.  Most patients require a full rhinoplasty to balance the features of the entire nose together in addition to the tip.  When a tip-plasty is performed the remainder of the nose must be in proportion to the new tip.  Any cartilaginous bumps in the tip can be addressed through suturing techniques and possible cartilage grafting techniques.  

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

Tip rhinoplasty

It is always possible to undergo an isolated "tip plasty" surgery to improve the asymmetry of the cartilages in your nasal tip. But you probably will also want your tip to be in harmony with the other parts of your nose, as well. It is important for you to discuss both options with your nasal surgeon, as there are pros and cons of each

.   DRC

Donn R. Chatham, MD
Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

4001 Kresge Way
Louisville, KY 40207

Rhinoplasty for Nasal Tip

Absolutely!  You can have a rhinoplasty to address only the tip if that's your area of concern.  Please choose your surgeon wisely though, as both functionality of your nose  along with the aesthetics are important following surgery.

Kimberly Lee, MD

416 North Bedford Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Can a tip plasty be done by itself

Yes, of course the tip can be refined by itself if this is your desire.  This is called a tip plasty and is part of a limited closed Rhinoplasty or most appropriately termed a closed tip plasty.

8500 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Tip rhinoplasty

Although tip rhinoplasty can be performed in isolation, some situations demand at least minor adjustments to lest of the nose so that all parts are in harmony

Sam Naficy, MD

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Tip rhinoplasty can be performed without adjusting the rest of the nose

Yes, you can address just the tip of the nose. This can even be done under local anesthesia alone. Changes to the tip may need to be less aggressive than if the rest of the nose were also refined, so as not to cause disproportion (to keep the tip in harmony with the rest of the nose). This approach may be particularly useful in your case, because you have tip assymmetry that (at least in the photograph shown) is not present in the upper two-thirds of the nose. Good luck.

Steven Goldman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

3609 Park East
Beachwood, OH 44122

Tip Rhinoplasty to Correct Tip Asymmetries

Just, tip rhinoplasty is a popular procedure to help individuals who seek refinement of tip asymmetries.  I have reviewed your photos and appreciate your concerns.  A tip rhinoplasty will help to create a more symmetric and refined appearance to your tip.  As stated previously, the tip also lacks projection and will benefit from cartilage grafting to provide strength.  I would suggest a careful in office consultation to better examine the nose and discuss your desires.  Good Luck... Dr. Corrado

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

University Doctors Pavilion 42 E. Laurel Road
Stratford, NJ 08084

Rhinoplasty for the tip only

• Absolutely yes, you can address a "bump" in the tip without operating on the upper nose.  When one side of the nose appears more full than the other, there is usually a shape difference in the cartilage ( in your case the left side looks more full than the right).
  • By exposing the tip cartilage during surgery, a rhinoplasty expert can evaluate what is causing the bump.  Fixing it may require a small amount of cartilage removal, perhaps some cartilage sutures to equalize and strengthen the tip, and possibly treating the other side if there is an indentation.
  • In my practice, surgery like this takes an hour, and patients have tape bandages for a week. Swelling may last several weeks.

Michael Suzman, MD

1 Theall Rd
Rye, NY 10580

The bump on the tip of your nose may be improved after well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery.

I read your concerns and reviewed the photo you posted. You appear to have a flat, underprojected, asymmetrical tip. You could see improved tip symmetry and projection after Rhinoplasty Surgery. You would almost certainly require a strong columella-strut to add projection, and you may also benefit from a tip graft.

You should consult several reputable, certified rhinoplasty specialists to see what you might expect after nose job surgery.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

1500 Pleasant Valley Way
West Orange, NJ 07052

Tip only rhinoplasty can work for some

It is possible to alter the tip of the nose without 'messing' with the rest, just as it is possible to remove a hump without altering the tip. The key, however, is in your comment that an effective rhinoplasty must take into account all parts of the nose as very often changing one thing will affect the balance with another. If your goal is tip only see if your surgeon feels you are a candidate.

8901 West Golf Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016