I'm Wondering if There is Any Way to Specifically Shape Lips with Juvederm? (photo)

I had juvederm a couple months ago and I am happy with the increased fullness, but now I am wondering if there is anyway to make my lips a little more shapely. I have thin flat lips with little to no shape and was wondering if it is possible to inject in the middle on the top and bottom to give my lips a little more of a heart pouty shape? Oh, and I already got a little bit in my Cupid bow which did make a little improvement.

Lip enhancement and volume

+1

Fillers can do great things to the volume of lips, as well as the shape. Doing multiple treatments spaced a few weeks apart allows for swelling from the previous procedure to go down and can be a conservative approach to lip injecting. Hope this helps!

Enhancing the shape of lips with Juvederm

+1

Lip augmentation with Juvederm can improve both the fullness and shape of your lips.  I find the blunt cannula is very effective for providing natural appearing fullness while directed injections into specific anatomic subunits with a small gauge needle works best for enhancing the shape of the lips.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

I'm Wondering if There is Any Way to Specifically Shape Lips with Juvederm?

+1

A series of small amounts injected on a weekly basis can help improve the shape of your lips. Stsart with half a cc to initiate the lip process. 

Juvederm

+1

Yes, of course this can be done.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with results that appeal to you.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Lip Augmentation with Juvederm

+1

Absolutely! Using a detailed understanding of the anatomy and function of the lips, small amounts of filler (such as Juvederm or Restylane) can be used to reshape or add volume to the lips. This is a great treatment. It can be performed in about 20 or 30 minutes and lasts anywhere from 6 to 12 months, depending on the patient and the filler used. I recommend meeting with a surgeon you trust, particularly one who works on a lot of lips (both surgically and non-surgically). Best of luck!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip shape

+1

Sure there is. It just takes a moment of artistry. In my past, I always did this for my patients. For permanent enhancement, try the new Permafacial implants which can be inserted under local anesthesia.Get a consult and exam from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. All the best.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD (retired)

Lips,juvederm, lip shaping

+1

Juvederm is an excellent filler to be used for lip enhancement and reshaping.  It can be used in various areas of the lips to achieve different results. The lip can be divided into multiple areas including full upper lip, full lower lip, Cupid's Bow, the angles of the mouth,  the center of the lip and the Philtral columns.  Depending on the look of the lips that is wanted, any or all of the areas can be enhanced.  The key is to make the lips look natural and you should seek out someone who has experience with lip enhancement.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Juvederm for shaping lips

+1

An experienced injector can enhance the shape of your lips with fillers.  Please consult a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who enjoys injecting lips.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

How to shape lips

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, or Belotero are the best options for correcting and enhancing lips. They can restore the natural contour of the upper and lower lip and enhance the Cupid’s bow area. Creating a "heart pouty shape" is certainly possible but please remember, your results depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector. You can follow the video link below to see me injecting my wife’s lips with Restylane!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Can Juvederm be used to shape lips ?

+1

The answer is yes. Juvederm can be used to define, shape, and add fullness. It's all in the hands of a skilled injector! That's the most important decision you have to make; Choosing the provider with the skill and expertise to artfully inject your lips for beautiful results.

Sam Naficy, MD