Wondering About Having 2 Small Horizontal Indented Scars Filled Across Bridge of Nose? (photo)

I am a 36 year old male. About a year ago I decided to use a Dermaroller on the bridge of my nose in attempt to improve an old scar from a laceration sustained when I was young. I have found that the Dermaroller caused damage which resulted in a couple crease like scars that have formed. I was wondering if there is any filler that could be used for these 2 creases much the same as filling fine lines or if Pixel treatment would be of any use.

Small scar treatment

+2

Thanks for sharing the picture of the scars on the bridge of your nose.  Although these are quite superficial, scars in this location tend to be a little more bound down than expected.  Belotero could possibly work but only briefly and you certainly would not need an entire syringe.  I would suggest regional treatment using erbium laser to sculpt down the margins of the scars and then switch to some deeper fractional resurfacing to break up the scar and encourage new collage formation.  With that combo I think you will be able to virtually return the skin to normal appearance.  Just don't let anyone get too aggressive and go overboard on treatment!

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Fractional resurfacing helps atrophic scars

+2

Thanks for your question about the scars on your nose.  Given that these are relatively shallow scars, they would likely respond well to fractional resurfacing treatments.  We commonly treat atrophic (sunken) acne scars and surgical scars with either non-ablative fractional or ablative fractional (such as fractional CO2) lasers.  The advantage is that you can get more permanent improvement of the scar although it will take some time and a few treatments to get there.  If you would like more immediate improvement (albeit temporary), you could consider a filler such as restylane, juvederm or belotero.  

Matthew J. Mahlberg, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler for Dented Lines

+2

If you are going to try filler in that area, I would suggest considering Belotero, which was designed to be injected very superficially.

Scars treated with Juvederm

+2

Juvederm might improve these scars by about 50-70%. A light laser treatment as well would likely add additional improvement. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Can filler be used for 2 small scars on bridge of nose?

+2

Looking at your photo, I do not believe filler is the best answer for that type of scar.  I believe "Fraxel" laser might be a better choice. It won't hurt to try an HA filler but in my experience its hard to correct a bound down scar. There is also a change in color that may not improve with out a surgical scar revision. Consult a facial plastic surgeon for evaluation in person before you make any new decisions.

Sam Naficy, MD

Scars on the bridge of the nose - options

+1

These are rather small but obviously bothersome for you and you can start with a limited chemical peel like the Obagi Blue Peel (perhaps get your whole face treated) and if this does not help reduce the scar, consider fractional laser which can be easily done several times over a course of 3 months. Consult a provider with expertise with both of these facial rejuvenation procedures.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon