Im Wondering if I Should Seek Revision from January Rhinoplasty. What Do You Think? (photo)

I had my bump shaved and my dr took some of the extra cartilage i had in my nose and put a graft into my nose. I am unsure of the tip i feel it is too big for my nose and is not in harmony

Updated: "Before" photos added

Im Wondering if I Should Seek Revision from January Rhinoplasty. What Do You Think?

+2

Your nose appears much improved.  I would give yourself a year to determine if a revision would be necessary.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

I'm wondering if I should seek revision from January rhinoplasty?

+1

If you had your surgery in January, it has almost been 8 months. At this stage, you still have some healing to do, and there will be residual swelling present. When considering revision rhinoplasty, you should consider the following:

1) How much more will the nose change?

2) Has it been a year since the procedure?

I would give it some more time and see how you heal before considering a revision. It can take up to one year for the swelling to resolve, and it is advised to wait at least this long before you have another surgery. The swelling lingers for the longest period of time in the nasal tip, and it may refine further over the next few months.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

In general, the final result of a rhinoplasty may not be evident for 18-24 months. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. I would recommend giving it some time and see how you continue to heal. It is best to wait one year before considering any revision work. In regard to swelling, the tip is usually the last to come around. I would recommend following up with your surgeon regarding any concerns while you are healing. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Revision 8 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

We normally suggest a patient wait for a year after rhinoplasty before evaluating their result. It is likely that your nose, specifically your tip, will improve over the next several months. This is common in a patient with thick skin, especially a man.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Generally, plastic surgeons will encourage a patient to wait for a full 12 months before considering a revision rhinoplasty. This will help to ensure that all of the healing and settling has happened before rushing in and changing anything.  Please check in with your surgeon regularly throughout this time.  Best of luck moving forward.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty at one year

+1

It's  best way to least a year after the primary rhinoplasty before undergoing a revision  due to the complexity of the healing process in the tip in the nose.To prevent the tip from drooping upon smiling, a release of the depressor septi ligament should be performed at the time of the revision rhinoplasty