Thermacare Heatwraps after Tummy Tuck

I Was Wondering if I Can Put Thermacare Heatwraps in my Tummy Muscle After Tummy Tuck?

Heat wraps after tummy tuck

+2

I believe this to be quite risky. The skin is numb and therefore there is no warning of impending burns. I have had patients fall asleep with heating pads who develop burns leading to scars. Please avoid this treatment.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Heatwrap is not a good idea

+1

Given that you will be numb in that area, you can easily injure/burn yourself accidentally.  I do not recommend heat wraps or cold compresses after surgery.  Please talk to your plastic surgeon for his/her recommendations

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Heat wraps, cold or hot compresses following tummy tuck

+1

Please exercise caution when using hot or cold compresses on the tummy tuck skin because it is normal to have diminished sensation in this area and it is very easy to sustain a thermal injury (burn). The area below your belly button has the least amount of sensation.

No heat wraps after tummy tuck!!!

+1

A patient will have numb skin in the lower abdomen after a TT and can burn themselves with heating devices so please don't!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

No heat packs to the tummy please!

+1

Heat packs, hot water bottles or electric blankets are a not a good idea because the tissues are already beat up and numb from the surgery, and you can damage the skin causing burns or worse.

Victor Au, MD
Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

I don't recommend it for my patients

+1

I don't recommend any type of heat packs or ice pack after a tummy tuck.  The skin is numb and I have seen patients get second degree burns as a result of a heating pad.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Hot packs or Ice packs after a Tummy Tuck.

+1

After a tummy tuck the skin located below the belly button is usually numb, making it difficult to protect the area from excess heat or cold. I would not recommend using heat or cold to the area as you could burn yourself without knowing it.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1

Please be careful on placing any heat or cold on an abdomen following a tummy tuck.  There are areas which will have no sensation and you may get burns.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Thermacare Heatwraps after Tummy Tuck - NOT a Good Idea

+1

Regarding : "Thermacare Heatwraps after Tummy Tuck
I Was Wondering if I Can Put Thermacare Heatwraps in my Tummy Muscle After Tummy Tuck
?"

After Tummy Tuck surgery there will be large areas of the tummy skin with reduced sensation and numbness. It is a really bad idea to apply extreme cold or hot materials to such skin as you could injure yourself without really even feeling it.

I would strongly advise you not to take this risk early in the after Tummy Tuck healing phase and wait until your sensation normalizes.

Dr. Peter Aldea