Best Procedure for Noticeable Nasolabial Folds?

Best Treatment for Naso-labial Folds

+1

Hi Julie,

Ironically, the best treatment for noticeable nasolabial folds (NLF) involves treating the areas around the NLF.  Sculptra's only indication is for treating NLFs, and again ironically many of the world's top Sculptra injectors do not inject the fold itself, but the areas adjacent to the folds.  By replacing the volume in the face in the cheeks and maxilla, NLFs are lessened in a natural manner.

Other injectable fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, and Radiesse, as well as fat transfer can be used as well.  It is much more important to choose your injecting physician most carefully than what product is used.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fillers for nasolabial fold

+1

Sorry to say there really is not best procedure. There are different options with different pros and cons that patients have to choose from.

Prior to the introduction of fillers and adopted common use of fat grafting over the last 10 to 20 years plastic surgeons mostly did facelifts and mid-face lifts to soften deep nasolabial folds. I was also taught that way but soon in practice realized that facelifts alone would not soften these folds sufficiently. The deeper folds like yours need a filler even if you do the surgery.

Currently the vast majority of patients get fillers for nasolabial folds especially in the less than 40 year old patient who has no jowls.

We now have almost too many products to choose from to use as a filler. My personal preference for this is Radiesse or fat that is liposuctioned from somewhere else on the body. I must say I use a lot more Radiesse than fat. Some surgeons prefer Restylane or other hyaluronate as a filler.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Nasolabial folds

+1

Perfection in treating nasolabial folds is difficult. Neither surgerey or fillers is oerfect. but, in your case i would suggest a strong filler such as Radiesse. You will achieve a good result

Multiple options for nasolabial folds

+1

Nasolabial folds can be treated in a variety of ways.  Younger women typically will be looking for non-invasive methods such as fillers or fat injections to improve the shadowing effect caused by the nasolabial folds.  These can give great results, with minimal risks, and minimal down time.  As the folds become more prominent, and soft tissues of the face age as well, a facelift or cheeklift may give more dramatic, longer lasting results, but with more downtime.  It really has to do with your expectations, and this is why it is important to discuss these with your surgeon.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon