I Was Wondering is It Normal for the Exterior of my Vaginal Lips to Be Swollen After Having a Tummy Tuck?

I had a Tummy Tuck with Lipo of my sides 6 days ago. I had a Catheter inserted in my Vagina for 24 Hours after surgery. I currently have a very tight compression garment that I use 24/7 and 2 drain tubes coming from my stomach. What could be causing my vagina to be swollen and puffy looking?

+1
It sounds as if you have some postoperative swelling.  This can occur with either the tummy tuck or the liposuction and since you have had both, it is not surprising.  Continue to follow up with your surgeon as well.

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

Swelling after Tummy Tuck

+1

It is very common to have swelling in the external genitalia following tummy tuck. Many garments have an open panel in the crotch, and this can contribute to swelling of any tissue in the opening. This is often referred to as window edema. You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon and ask if a different garment might be helpful. Good luck.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Tummy tuck Surgery

+1

Some swelling of the genitalia is quite common after this procedure, however, unusual complications cannot be ruled out with an online consultation so please see your plastic surgeon to make sure your recovery goes smoothly.

Swelling in the genitourinary region

+1

What you are describing sounds like some swelling in your genitourinary area.  This can happen to men and women after tummy tuck and/or abdominal/waist liposuction surgery.  It should get better in days.  I do recommend you visit with your PS to get it checked out.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS