I was wondering if my nose would be able to be straightened with botox or would a filler be best? (photo)

I have a pretty big nose which I dont mind, but it isnt straight and it does a weird dip thing. I was hoping it could be fixable with botox because filler is a little to expensive for me.

I was wondering if my nose would be able to be straightened with botox or would a filler be best?

+2

Botox will not address your issues. A filler may help camouflage the hump to some degree, but the hump can be removed and the radix augmented as well as the tip improved with a rhinoplasty.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Hello

+2

Hello Jamie Lyn,

Botox is not an option to straighten the nose... Sometimes a filler can "temporarily" straighten the nose, but for a permanent result a Rhinoplasty is highly recommended.

Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Fillers to straighten nose are better than Botox.

+2

Fillers to straighten nose are better than Botox in my opinion because they immediately fill for 1-2 years where as Botox must be repeated every 3 months which is quite costly.

Rhinoplasty for straightening the nose

+1

Botox and fillers are not appropriate for straightening the nose. The nose is composed of both cartilage and bone and surgery is the only option to change the shape. For examples of what a rhinoplasty can accomplish, please see our rhinoplasty photo gallery link below

Fillers in the nose

+1

Botox is used in the nose to improve a problem with tip drop when smiling. Filler is used to raise the radix (the dip in your nose right above the bump) to make the bump not look as prominent (subtraction through addition). If your nose is crooked on front view, the filler can also be used to even out asymmetries. On a side note, from what I can see, I think the things that bother you can be beautifully corrected with a surgical rhinoplasty. Also, filler/botox will help slightly with some things, but generally can't get the results you would be able to achieve with surgery in your nose.

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Straightening the nose

+1

Neither Botox nor fillers are the answer in your situation. You would be an excellent candidate for surgical rhinoplasty, but if you're set against having surgery, do nothing at all.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

+1

In some people Botox can be used to reduce the tendency of the tip to drop with smiling but will not change your profile at rest. Fillers can be used to camouflage low points on the nasal bridge making the bump look smaller and the profile look straighter. However, surgery is the only option to remove a bump, permanently refine the profile or make the nose smaller. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty would be needed to improve the shape/size

+1

Dear jamielyn,

A formal rhinoplasty would provide the best option for improving the shape and size of your nose. Botox paralysis muscle and would not be of any help. Fillers can be used temporarily to refine the shape of the nose but I am afraid they are not a good option for you since you do not nee more volume.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Botox?

+1
Botox will not help your nose. You would have to have a rhinoplasty to correct aysmmetry and tip ptosis. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

+1
You post a photo from the side view, and it is impossible to tell if your nose is crooked. However, with that being said, botox is not the right treatment for a crooked nose. You can camoflauge a crooked nose with fillers, however it would only be temporary. I would recommend considering a rhinoplasty for your best results. Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon