Am Wondering How Long Before I Can Do Basic Chores Around the House, Shower and Eventually Go Back to Work?

I am currently a waitress and bartender at a local restaurant/bar/motel. In the bar we lift flats and cases of beer every day and many times a day. In the restaurant (partially because I am short) I have to reach things on higher shelves and carry trays of dishes and other fairly heavy supplies. I am figuring I will be off work for around a month and can come back after that but not sure if it may be longer?

Listen to your surgeon

+1
I generally advise patients wait until the second day after their surgery before they start showering. After three days, you can resume normal non-strenuous activities. You can start exercising at 3 weeks after surgery, except push-ups and upper body strength training, which should be after  6 weeks. However, please listen to your surgeon. They may have different advice.

How Long Before I Can Do Basic Chores Around the House,

+1

Simple chores can be done almost immediately. A month sounds reasonable for the work you are doing.  As a general guideline, if you avoid doing things that hurt, you are not overdoing things. But check specifically with your surgeon, who will be monitoring your recovery. 

All the best.