I Am Wondering if It's Possible to Take Tissue from One Breast and Add It to the Other? (photo)

My B cup breasts grew to DD when I was pregnant, and after child birth my one breast shrunk back to a B and the other stayed a D. I don't want implants to fix my asymmetry, and I don't have very much fat on my body at all (for a fat graph). Is it possible to take tissue from the bigger one, and add it to the smaller one? Then do a lift on both, so that they're evened out to a C cup? I have gotten used to having more volume in my breasts than a B cup has, but still want to avoid implants.

Breast asymmetry

+1

You in general cannot take from one breast and add to the other.  Theorectically if the larger breast is all fat you could possibly do a fat transfer to the smaller breast, but this is not likely possible due to the fact that a large portion of the breast is fibrous breast tissue.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

I Am Wondering if It's Possible to Take Tissue from One Breast and Add It to the Other?

+1

Thanks for posting a covered photo. Unfortunately it really is of no use. You have a few issues. The breast asymmetry can be corrected by reduction/lift of the larger breast and a lifting of the smaller breast. The use of the contralateral breast tissue/fat to increase the size of the smaller breast is not recommended. I'm sure you have areas of fat that can be lipoed and treated to obtain 200 cc's of transferable fat to this smaller/lifted breast. BEST to obtain in person examinations so ALL options can be fully explained and demonstrated. 

Breast asymmetry

+1

Breast asymmetry is the norm for most women.  We can not take breast tissue from one breast and add it to the other.  A lift can be done, and the larger breast can be reduced. If you want the smaller breast larger, an implant is the most reliable. Some would consider fat grafting.

I would not recommend snice the larger breast has more breast gland than fat

+1

You will get better result with fat grafting. You mentioned that you do not have fat, but if you weigh more than 85 Lb, you have enough fat.Pictures would have been better.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Post Pregnancy Breast Asymmetry

+1

It is difficult to appreciate the degree of issues with your breasts from the photo, but an noticeable volume difference can be seen. Without more information, all I can tell you is that there are options and breast asymmetry is a common problem. Breast volume can be matched with a lift procedure with different volumes of tissue being removed, liposuction or fat grafting. If you are against implants, then the likelihood is that you will end up with smaller, more symmetric breasts, but through different approaches to each. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Options for Breast Asymmetry, Implant or Fat transfer?

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph.  There are a variety of choices you can make to address making unequal breasts look alike.  The match can be to make both the size of the small one, both the size of the big one or both an entirely different size of your choosing.  Reducing and reshaping the breasts will entail a lift and/or small reduction. Adding volume to the breast can be achieved with implants or tissue transfer, usually fat.  There is no technology for breast tissue to be transferred from one side to another.  Any attempt to do so would be experimental.  It would be valuable for you to hav an in-person consultation with an experienced breast plastic surgeon to review all of your options. 

Mary Lee Peters, MD